No announcement yet.

Arum: Todd Duboef will play a major role in negotiations for Pac -vs- May

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arum: Todd Duboef will play a major role in negotiations for Pac -vs- May

Arum hopes to make Mayweather - Pacquiao this Month, & Sending Todd to do the Dirty Work
    By Johnny Benz, Doghouse Boxing (Dec 9, 2011) Doghouse Boxing

Bob Arum, the legendary Boxing Promoter hit his 80th Birthday yesterday. USA Today published an interview with Arum on his special day, and of course, with such a long and glowing career, Arum had plenty to say. But lets face it, we all want to know about Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd "Money" Mayweather Jr.

When asked if Pacquiao (Promoted by Arum) vs. Mayweather will ever be made? Arum stated that not only does Pacquiao want the fight next, but so does he. To Arum, it's not about wanting the fight, that part is the easy stuff... the hard part is making the fight. It is such a hard task, that Arum has not been looking forward too it. Arum is also hopeful an agreement can be made by both sides before the New Year.

Regarding the task of trying to make Pacquiao vs. "Money" May happen, and iron something out before the end of the year, Arum told the publication: "The difference in personalities between Manny and Floyd is just tremendous. Hopefully, we'll be able before the new year to bridge that gap and make that fight happen."

Regarding it being a task that Arum wasn't keen on looking forward too, Arum atated: "For me, frankly, it was not a task I was looking forward to. And I think there's an example where Todd (duBoef, Top Rank's president, & Arum's stepson), who's a lot nearer their ages, and a lot calmer than me, will play a major role."

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Benz/Benz1209a11.htm

I hope this is true. Because if it is. That's the most encouraging thing I've heard Arum say in a long while.

Supposedly Arum took himself out of the first negotiations and had Todd Dubeoff do all the negotiation. And, still nothing came about.

Meh Arum is a known liar, can't believe a word he says....I doubt this fight ever happens while both are still on top....One will fall off and then maybe, it might happen. Maybe.

Comment

i'm not gonna jump for joy yet.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        Supposedly Arum took himself out of the first negotiations and had Todd Dubeoff do all the negotiation. And, still nothing came about.

Meh Arum is a known liar, can't believe a word he says....I doubt this fight ever happens while both are still on top....One will fall off and then maybe, it might happen. Maybe.
        This right here^^^^^

Now all we need is an Oscar come back and you can die a happy man.

Comment

Right, but Duboeff probably didn't have full authorization to do what he wanted. That still has to come from Arum.

Comment

If you can so easliy say "Arum is a known lar, can't believe a word he says"// then all those gig fights you've been watching over the years, you didn't actually see, because they didn't actually happen, because Arum said they were happening.

Yes, Arum is a known liar. Tell us another lie, APART from the quick, humourous quip he made 25 years ago to a reporter who betrayed his confidence, after they had both been having a few drinks the night before.......

And I don't mean something which occured beyond his control, as happens 99% of the time in boxing, but something deliberately made up which had absolutely no truth in it and was intended to be a lie.??? I don't know of anything which normal business practices would regard as being "out-of-line" expecially in that lizard pit of Las Vegas. But I haven't seen nor heard everything. You obviously have.

Tell us how he didn't really pay for, deliver and collect Chiquanita Hernandez to his expensive chemotheraphy treatments for years and support his family as well. Tell us.... Of course, in THIS case, HE didn't tell us about it, it came out from a reporting scoop.

You know, the way Oscar and particularly Mayweather churn them out.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              If you can so easliy say "Arum is a known lar, can't believe a word he says"// then all those gig fights you've been watching over the years, you didn't actually see, because they didn't actually happen, because Arum said they were happening.

Yes, Arum is a known liar. Tell us another lie, APART from the quick, humourous quip he made 25 years ago to a reporter who betrayed his confidence, after they had both been having a few drinks the night before.......

And I don't mean something which occured beyond his control, as happens 99% of the time in boxing, but something deliberately made up which had absolutely no truth in it and was intended to be a lie.??? I don't know of anything which normal business practices would regard as being "out-of-line" expecially in that lizard pit of Las Vegas. But I haven't seen nor heard everything. You obviously have.

Tell us how he didn't really pay for, deliver and collect Chiquanita Hernandez to his expensive chemotheraphy treatments for years and support his family as well. Tell us.... Of course, in THIS case, HE didn't tell us about it, it came out from a reporting scoop.

You know, the way Oscar and particularly Mayweather churn them out.
              He's admitted to lying, even recently. Idiot.

You seem to think calling someone a known liar means that we think every word that comes out is a lie. Obviously not true.

Comment

I wish Arum would just die of a heart attack already. But come to think of it, the guy gave us the biggest fights in the 80s: Leonard/Hearns, Hagler/Hearns, Duran/Hearns, Leonard/Duran, Hagler/Leonard. But then again, all of these were in house fights.

Comment

Bob Arum is a lying piece of shit! Go lie to those dumbass *******s Arum, REAL boxing fans know not to believe any of the bullshit that comes out of your god damn mouth!

Comment

Working...
                  X