No announcement yet.

ESPN first take showing no respect to Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    I mean... people expect p4p talent to fight good fighters. Two fights at 47 and cant land a top 5?

Love Bud but he needs to find way and demand better fights. Should have been doing this for a bit now. 140 was weak and not his fault, but he should have been campaigning for a big fight before settling for these.

I expect him to fight someone better next time out. Me, I’m not too mad at this matchup because of the s hit talking from Benavidez...but I get the hate.

Loma has fought a p4p fighter, just fought Linares and is in line for Mikey Garcia after Pedraza. We can see the Mikey fight off in the near future if they both win. Bud’s situation seems almost hopeless. We have no timeframe of him fighting any top guy.

Theyre all fighting each other... it’s looking very Bute’ish
    ole bob loves the model of controlling everything and being able to tax both fighters....he can pay crawford more when its a TR in house show

crawford isnt going to complain...especially if bob and todd are in his ear about how they gotta wait out the spence fight and make it huge so they can make "truck loads" of money together "when it happens"

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
      well, to be fair, loma has been fighting better comp than crawford.
      Yes. Rigondeaux/Linares/Russell are all better scalps than anyone Terence has on his scalp list. Hell you could argue that f**king Walters is as good or better of a scalp than what Terence has on the resume.

Terence is a terrific fighter, clearly, but Postol? Who got beat by a 13 fight fighter in his last fight? Indongo? Who got sparked out by Prograis faster than he did by Crawford?

And nobody better even with Gamboa, lol. Gamboa got f**king stopped by a 12 loss fighter for f**k's sake.

Like I said I think Terence is an outstanding fighter. I love watching him fight. He's a dangerous, dangerous man. But his resume really f**king GGG-esque (and I'm talking the GGG resume before he fought Jacobs and Canelo twice).

For a P4P guy his resume is really, really uninspiring.
      Last edited by Mike D; 10-10-2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Bud has the personality of a cardboard box. The questions sucked as always when any fighter goes on First Take. That segment was a boring train wreck.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
          ole bob loves the model of controlling everything and being able to tax both fighters....he can pay crawford more when its a TR in house show

crawford isnt going to complain...especially if bob and todd are in his ear about how they gotta wait out the spence fight and make it huge so they can make "truck loads" of money together "when it happens"
          PBC has one fight scheduled for the rest of the year. They ain't interested in having any of their guys go up against Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            What p4p fighter has Loma fought?

So when Loma is on first take are they gonnadisrespect him by degrading his opponent by asking why he's fighting Tank's leftovers?
            That Tank leftover beat one of Crawford's better names(Beltran isn't that good but Crawford's resume is weak as hell) on his **** resume . At least Pedraza has a belt and Lomachenko is coming off surgery. What's Crawford's excuse for fighting bum Benavidez? I'm glad Crawford is catching flack. Better to **** on his bum matches than hype him for beating bums.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              Molly Quirm is getting BBCd.

I can no longer watch First Take.
              What is BBCd?

Comment

Originally posted by -NAV- View Post
                Doesn't matter he's the best welterweight in the world and he's going to beat everybody.
                hes the hypothetical king. he beats everyone in fantasy matches whilst fighting C level fighters in real life

Comment

Originally posted by -NAV- View Post
                  Doesn't matter he's the best welterweight in the world and he's going to beat everybody.
                  Keep dreaming. Beating Jeff Horn and bum Benavidez doesn't make him anywhere close to the best welterweight. You can't beat everbody when you fight nobodys.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Yes. Rigondeaux/Linares/Russell are all better scalps than anyone Terence has on his scalp list. Hell you could argue that f**king Walters is as good or better of a scalp than what Terence has on the resume.

Terence is a terrific fighter, clearly, but Postol? Who got beat by a 13 fight fighter in his last fight? Indongo? Who got sparked out by Prograis faster than he did by Crawford?

And nobody better even with Gamboa, lol. Gamboa got f**king stopped by a 12 loss fighter for f**k's sake.

Like I said I think Terence is an outstanding fighter. I love watching him fight. He's a dangerous, dangerous man. But his resume really f**king GGG-esque (and I'm talking the GGG resume before he fought Jacobs and Canelo twice).

For a P4P guy his resume is really, really uninspiring.
                    if i remember quite a few on here thought walters would knock lomachenko out because of what he did to donaire. he was considered a legitimate world class proven fighter but know hes talked about like some bum

Comment

Anything with Stephen A. Smith and Boxing is best to steer clear of. I remember him saying about 12-18 months back "there's only two guys worth watching Crawford and GGG" and then ESPN gets Boxing and this guy is supposed to be a voice? He knows less than Skip Bayless even.

I can't put my finger on the Crawford promotion by ESPN in general. I'm not sure there's an agenda or nothing. Loma just has a more bubbly personality. He's got a lot of charm and charisma whereas Crawford is a bit less so. He's a good family man with a great style but Loma probably has more eye catching moves and like I said more personality. Crawford should be bigger than he is based on his talent but boxing isn't looking for good guys as much anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X