No announcement yet.

Crawford and Spence are on a different level to Thurman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crawford and Spence are on a different level to Thurman

Thurman is far too vulnerable, Spence and Crawford both body him.

Inactivity and rust played its part but going life and death with a shot Josesito Lopez speaks volumes. Thurman is not an elite fighter, an elite fighter regardless of inactivity deals with that version of Lopez easily.

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Inactivity and rust played its part but going life and death with a shot Josesito Lopez speaks volumes. Thurman is not an elite fighter, an elite fighter regardless of inactivity deals with that version of Lopez easily.
    Yep, it's that simple spot on man......

Comment

A retired mayweather would of got lopez out of there in 6 and never got hurt.......

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
        A retired mayweather would of got lopez out of there in 6 and never got hurt.......
        I really like Lopez, he’s a true warrior but he’s shot to pieces. His feet are slow, and he just walks forward swinging sloppy combinations and wild shots. After Berto stopped him, I thought he needed to retire that was nearly 4 years ago...

Comment

I really like Lopez, he’s a true warrior but he’s shot to pieces. His feet are slow, and he just walks forward swinging sloppy combinations and wild shots. After Berto stopped him, I thought he needed to retire that was nearly 4 years ago...
          Another great example of how good Robert Garcia is. Maidana looked like crap vs Alexander and all of sudden he turns him into a guy who gives Floyd hell and beats Broner up. Josesito Lopez scored an upset last fight and seemed like a man possessed. Props to him.

End of the day, Spence and Crawford have that special potential, and Keith simply doesn't, not does DSG or Porter. Spence vs Crawford needs to happen by end of 2019 or early 2020. That's a TRUE legacy defining fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            Another great example of how good Robert Garcia is. Maidana looked like crap vs Alexander and all of sudden he turns him into a guy who gives Floyd hell and beats Broner up. Josesito Lopez scored an upset last fight and seemed like a man possessed. Props to him.

End of the day, Spence and Crawford have that special potential, and Keith simply doesn't, not does DSG or Porter. Spence vs Crawford needs to happen by end of 2019 or early 2020. That's a TRUE legacy defining fight.
            Completely agree, Garcia is a brilliant coach, and Thurman is a talented fighter but Crawford/Spence are a level above.

Crawford vs Spence is the one fight I’m really desperate to see, unfortunately I can’t see it happening anytime soon. Hopefully I’m wrong...

Comment

Completely agree, Garcia is a brilliant coach, and Thurman is a talented fighter but Crawford/Spence are a level above.

Crawford vs Spence is the one fight I’m really desperate to see, unfortunately I can’t see it happening anytime soon. Hopefully I’m wrong...
              It will have to be forced by the two fighters and if Thurman/Porter act funny in wanting Spence, then he will tell Al to make the Crawford fight. That is arguably the best fight to be made in boxing right now.

Thurman/Porter/DSG are really good fighters but they aren't elite P4P type of fighters. Brook handled Porter fairly easy and he would have done the same against DSG/Thurman. Shoot, at this point are we even sure either of those three beat Pacquiao? I mean I think Porter would be a really tough match up for him due to his size and style, but the other ones are close to pick-ems. I'd probably favor Thurman slightly but it won't be easy and he won't look great in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                The trouble Marcos gave Floyd didnt have much to do with any trainer. Marco's was allowed to be as dirty as he wanted - among the worst officiated fights I've ever seen - and he naturally had a style that troubles Floyd (see JLC).

Broner was a hypejob.

Robert Garcia may very well be the best trainer today, but please dont act like Freddie used to act...these guys aren't making their fighters better..they're helping a ton with matchmaking.

For example, there was a little bit of talk for Marcos fighting Canelo after Floyd 2. Marcos wouldve been slaughtered - badly.

Robert Garcia trained Rios for Pac and Danny and you can blame Brandon all you want, but the game plans weren't very good either.

I like Robert and I believe he is the #1 trainer today along with fan-hated Virgio Hunter, but you cant change a horses stripes when they're 28 years old and etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                  The trouble Marcos gave Floyd didnt have much to do with any trainer. Marco's was allowed to be as dirty as he wanted - among the worst officiated fights I've ever seen - and he naturally had a style that troubles Floyd (see JLC).

Broner was a hypejob.

Robert Garcia may very well be the best trainer today, but please dont act like Freddie used to act...these guys aren't making their fighters better..they're helping a ton with matchmaking.

For example, there was a little bit of talk for Marcos fighting Canelo after Floyd 2. Marcos wouldve been slaughtered - badly.

Robert Garcia trained Rios for Pac and Danny and you can blame Brandon all you want, but the game plans weren't very good either.

I like Robert and I believe he is the #1 trainer today along with fan-hated Virgio Hunter, but you cant change a horses stripes when they're 28 years old and etc.
                  You are crazy if you think Maidana only made it competitive vs Floyd because of the ref. And Robert got him to jab more and had the perfect game plan. Maidana sure didn't fight like that against Alexander where it looked like that was the end of his prime. It's always going to be the fighter more than the trainer, no one is disputing that. But Robert gets the best out of these guys late in their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post

Broner was a hypejob.

I seen a great interview with Garcia were he talks about how he doesn’t try and change a fighters style but instead try’s to add things that make them a more complete fighter. This was definitely the case with Maidana, under Garcia he was much more compact, had much better head movement, moved his feet better, utilised the jab better etc. Garcia undoubtedly made him a far better fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X