Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018, if you're a boxing fan, demand Manny rematch Jeff Horn.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018, if you're a boxing fan, demand Manny rematch Jeff Horn.

No matter how overhyped I felt Chocolatito was, I acknowledged people saw him as P4P - until Srisaket Sor Rungvisai took him to class the first fight, dropping him, bullying him and walking through his punches.

I have major respect for Choco taking a rematch against a guy who eats rats and trains in a jungle. That took balls. Yes, he got absolutely starched in 4 rounds by Srisaket. But the point is he showed up and took his beatings like a man.

We need to demand the same of Manny Pacquiao. He 's risking his health against a guy that scared Tim Bradley into retirement. We get it. But he needs to face his fears and rematch Jeff "The Hornet" Horn. If the first fight was really a robbery, it should be easy work...right?

So let's demand him step up and do the right thing. No other fights. Arum needs to give Manny a choice: Crawford or Horn rematch. Pick one, or retire. I don't want to hear about McGregor, Manny hasn't earned that shot coming off a UNANIMOUS loss against a huge underdog. Solve your Hornet Problems, then we can talk about big money fights.
    Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 11-26-2017, 09:20 AM.

That headline....lol!!!!!

Comment

I think Chocolatito made the rematch because he actually thought he won the fight. If I had to guess, HBO probably also pushed for it.

Pacquiao know the fight with Horn was tough. Some people are so blind with love for Manny they didn't see how bad he looked against Horn.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
        I think Chocolatito made the rematch because he actually thought he won the fight. If I had to guess, HBO probably also pushed for it.

Pacquiao know the fight with Horn was tough. Some people are so blind with love for Manny they didn't see how bad he looked against Horn.
        Choco didn't believe he won that fight. Look at his eyes during ref instructions of the rematch. He knew he was a dead man walking. But he understood that because of his perceived level, it was expected for him to do a rematch. I'm sure HBO pressured too but he could have ducked if he wanted.

Arum, Horn, Brisbane, Roach and likely WBO were all pressuring Manny to take that rematch - get close to the date and the dude ducks out with an excuse. Yet nobody is taking Manny to task for that BS.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
          Choco didn't believe he won that fight. Look at his eyes during ref instructions of the rematch. He knew he was a dead man walking. But he understood that because of his perceived level, it was expected for him to do a rematch. I'm sure HBO pressured too but he could have ducked if he wanted.

Arum, Horn, Brisbane, Roach and likely WBO were all pressuring Manny to take that rematch - get close to the date and the dude ducks out with an excuse. Yet nobody is taking Manny to task for that BS.
          He was definitely disappointed when they announced the decision in the first fight. I think people are reading too much into his facial expression in the rematch. He always had that deadpan look on his face. I give him props for taking the rematch but I think the circumstances are different with Pacquiao. Chocolatito needed the rematch for his career. Pacquiao don't need the rematch with Horn for his legacy.

Comment

He deserves to end his career on a high. He's not Hopkins old, plus Jeff's been running his mouth.

Comment

The funny thing is, the exact same fight staged in Las Vegas would have been 120-108 across the board for Manny Pacquiao. Jeff Horn is a nobody and Manny Pacquiao is shot.

Comment

You can't compare Manny & Chocolito, the Pac Man is done, retirement city.
                He's been at it for a long time now and I think he should retire as a great rather than trash his legacy by fighting way past when he should hang them up.

Comment

I think people are reading too much into his facial expression in the rematch. He always had that deadpan look on his face.
                  No he didn't. Go back and watch Gonzalez/Estrada. Choco was bouncing around, energetic, looked Estrada in the eyes, didn't hesitate to touch gloves, etc. He was confident and ready to go to work.

Against Rungvisai the second time, he was a beaten fighter the moment he stepped in there and it showed in his body language. Even before the fight at the weigh in check I called out specifically that Choco looked pudgy and not in the best of shape and he was going to get hurt if he didn't start taking it serious. We saw what happened.

I give him props for taking the rematch but I think the circumstances are different with Pacquiao. Chocolatito needed the rematch for his career. Pacquiao don't need the rematch with Horn for his legacy.
                  Pacquiao has rematched every named fighter he's ever lost to except Marquez and TBE - both of which would have been pointless. Yes he does need that rematch IF what all you people are saying is true and Horn robbed him. Get in there and prove it then.

Speaking of...

Originally posted by White Willy View Post
                  The funny thing is, the exact same fight staged in Las Vegas would have been 120-108 across the board for Manny Pacquiao. Jeff Horn is a nobody and Manny Pacquiao is shot.
                  Please. Between Steve "I Like Aggression" Farhood, Adelaide "I Like Slick Fighting Even If Ineffective" Byrd and Dave Moretti, Manny would have been lucky to get out of there with a close SD. Going life or death with a school teacher. LOL

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
                  You can't compare Manny & Chocolito, the Pac Man is done, retirement city.
                  He's been at it for a long time now and I think he should retire as a great rather than trash his legacy by fighting way past when he should hang them up.
                  He can retire as a "great" by getting a knockout. You know, what Roach said he was going to do to Horn? Then do then MF!

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                    No he didn't. Go back and watch Gonzalez/Estrada. Choco was bouncing around, energetic, looked Estrada in the eyes, didn't hesitate to touch gloves, etc. He was confident and ready to go to work.

Against Rungvisai the second time, he was a beaten fighter the moment he stepped in there and it showed in his body language. Even before the fight at the weigh in check I called out specifically that Choco looked pudgy and not in the best of shape and he was going to get hurt if he didn't start taking it serious. We saw what happened.

Pacquiao has rematched every named fighter he's ever lost to except Marquez and TBE - both of which would have been pointless. Yes he does need that rematch IF what all you people are saying is true and Horn robbed him. Get in there and prove it then
                    The fight with Horn would also be pointless. He should've won the first time around so winning in a rematch won't prove anything. If he loses then his career is pretty much over. Two losses against a former teacher isn't the same as losing in a spectacular fashion to your biggest rival or losing against Mayweather. He definitely shouldn't have to go back to Australia for a rematch if there is one.
                    Last edited by HarvardBlue; 11-24-2017, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X