No announcement yet.

Chins that cracked.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
    Groves always had a suspect chin. I remember him being dropped and rocked earlier in his career by some domestic level fighters.

That said, i don't think his chin is that bad. He's shared the ring with some good punchers and only been stopped properly by Froch and that was a hell of a shot. In fact, i'd say his chin might not be as bad as people initially thought.
    he got rocked by the lightest puncher in the entire division david brophy and hurt by light middleweight feather fister Cox.

Hes scared to take punches now, even that midget russian dude was putting it on him

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy J View Post
      Roy jones against Antonio Tarver
      Jermain Taylor against Kelly Pavlik
      Fernando Vargas against Tito Trinidad
      Ricardo Mayorga aginst Tito Trinidad
      Michael Grant against Lennox Lewis
      Michael Grant had been knocked down before he fought Lewis, against Golota. Hardly a good chin.

Comment

I'd say Michael Katisidis got his cracked against JMM. Katisidis definitely was't the same after that.

James Kirkland wasn't known for his granite chin but Ishida gave him a TKO from Tokyo.

Comment

Mayorga. His chin was iron and nobody could hurt him. He laughed at Forrest's best punches. It took many bombs to do it but Trinidad cracked his chin. His chin was still good but never the same as before Trinidad cracked it. Trinidad also cracked Vargas's chin. Vargas had never been knocked down before he fought Trinidad. His chin was never as good after Trinidad cracked it.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
            Sometimes, a fighter who's known to have a good chin can lose his ability to take a punch.

One example is Chisora. He had a granite chin, but after getting KO'd by Haye, he's been getting hurt more often.

Any more examples?
            Pipino C after Hearns.He had iron chin one big st8 right and it was gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy J View Post
              Roy jones against Antonio Tarver
              Jermain Taylor against Kelly Pavlik
              Fernando Vargas against Tito Trinidad
              Ricardo Mayorga aginst Tito Trinidad
              Michael Grant against Lennox Lewis
              I was going to say Vargas.

Chin was never the same after Trinidad.

Comment

Ricky Hatton after Mayweather. Lazcano had him on Queer Street twice, and obviously the Pacquiao debacle.

Comment

J rock

Charlo ruined his potential, Ishe Smith is decent at best but getting rocked and hurt by him says a lot since the Charlo fight!

David price

Tony Thompson ended whatever hype Price had with his chin right along with it!.
                  Ever since, Price been getting stopped and rocked all over!

Comment

Edison Miranda

Comment

By many accounts here, it seems Kovalev’s chin cracked when he was punched in the dick.

Comment

Working...
                      X