No announcement yet.

Brendan Ingle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brendan Ingle

Hi, does someone know anything about the training which Brendan Ingle does with Herol Graham, Naseem Hamed and Johnny Nelson to get their defense on that level?

Well, no one know anything?

Comment

From what I've seen through the years he nurtures that style in the wincobank gym obviously kell brook is a bit different but he trained naz since he was a kid like that......what do you want to know about it exactly?

Comment

Ingle has crafted that hands down defense style based purely on the fighters reflexes. You can only pull it off if your FAST. There are no secrets to that.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyjones View Post
          From what I've seen through the years he nurtures that style in the wincobank gym obviously kell brook is a bit different but he trained naz since he was a kid like that......what do you want to know about it exactly?
          I want to know the type of training they do there.

Comment

I thought the secret of his success is that he allows fighter to fight how they are most comfortable.

Even Calzaghe said he always felt comfortable with his hands down because he could see everything.

Kell Brook is far more orthodox so it is not something that is training in I wouldn't have thought.

Comment

There are some clips on youtube of some of his training, he has lines and circles on the floor of his gym that are designed to help the fighter's footworks and find angles for punches. He supposedly doesn't let his fighters spar until they have gotten those lines down.

And I remember in an interview of him somewhere where he believed in about 10 different styles/angles.

Comment

He used to take his fighters to working men's clubs and let anybody try and hit them whilst they had their hands behind their backs so they would have to slip/duck/dive/use their feet to avoid being hit. Likewise he only used to allow body sparring as he thought head punches took too much out of people.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
                  Ingle has crafted that hands down defense style based purely on the fighters reflexes. You can only pull it off if your FAST. There are no secrets to that.
                  It can't be that simple. Plenty of hands down fighters don't have the kind of success Junior Whiter, Naseem Hamed, Johnny Nelson and Herol Graham had. It is not just reflexes they have some kind of system that works. I don't understand it but they have some kind of formula. It seems to mess up the fighters that come up against them and they can't understand it either,they are enigmas. It is like some kind of Black Art of boxing.

Comment

He throws a handful of rice at them and they get punished if even one grain connects

Comment

Working...
                    X