No announcement yet.

Burgos won.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
    Stop just stop. Martinez won against beltran. That was not hard to see, take your mexico glasses off.

As far as Burgos, yes he Clearly won the fight. 116-112 is a very fair score for that fight.

Yes rocky admitted he was a little wore out like the final two rounds, but all this talk about the beating to the body, it seems like that was about 80% of the shots that Burgos could land. He wasn't very effective to the head, even though he was taller and had the longer reach, he should've kept the fight outside fight outside.

On a different subject, you're calling Martinez a bum for his limited skillset, now do you see how everybody feels about Margarito? lol. Same thing just a bigger guy, I give Margarito the edge in conditioning also.
    You must not of seen the threads where every one not just mexicans keep saying martinez has gotten two gifts? Martinez lost that beltran fight. Beltran landed the harder more meaningfull shots. Martinez threw more but wasnt landig as clean as martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
      You must not of seen the threads where every one not just mexicans keep saying martinez has gotten two gifts? Martinez lost that beltran fight. Beltran landed the harder more meaningfull shots. Martinez threw more but wasnt landig as clean as martinez.
      Who the hell is everyone?

I saw Martinez take the Beltran fight 114-113 the deduction being the deciding factor.

If anything, the judge who scored that fight 116-111 for Beltran was on drugs.

I havent seen a non mexican claim robbery for Beltran. I mean I can go back to the thread of that result.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...=565844&page=3

Even you where saying Beltran was fighting like crap late in the fight that night.

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
      Dissapointed in beltran he is much better than this
      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...ussion&page=54

The only thing people where complaining that night about that fight was the wide score one judge had it for Beltran. So can we please cut the nonsense that Beltran got robbed in that fight?
      Last edited by ELHURACAN58; 01-24-2013, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Beltran vs Martinez was closer, but I do have an issue with the fact that some judges don't take in consideration the body work in fights. Burgos really punished Rocky's body and they dismissed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          Beltran vs Martinez was closer, but I do have an issue with the fact that some judges don't take in consideration the body work in fights. Burgos really punished Rocky's body and they dismissed it.
          And that clearly was the case in this fight, because taking it away Martinez outlanded Burgos in headshots. Body shots are mostly not taken into account in boxing especially in the amateurs. Unless of course you are a known body puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post

I saw Martinez take the Beltran fight 114-113 the deduction being the deciding factor.

I havent seen a non mexican claim robbery for Beltran. I mean I can go back to the thread of that result.

Even you where saying Beltran was fighting like crap late in the fight that night.

The only thing people where complaining that night about that fight was the wide score one judge had it for Beltran. So can we please cut the nonsense that Beltran got robbed in that fight?
            Aside from homeboy ^^^^^ up there providing you with some pretty good ownage, here is the compubox for the fight.

http://compuboxonline.com/compubox-s...-w-12-beltran/

The cleaner punches by Beltran was what everybody talked about including myself, but Martinez didn't loose that fight, even with the point deduction.

Now please, just stop all your nonsense already, it's embarrasing to tell you the truth.

Comment

I agree that 116-112 is a very fair score for Burgos winning the fight.

How i saw from the fight and what you mention from the body punching not counting, Is that for some reason IMO and how I SAW IT, it didn't affect Rocky, he did slow down at the end of the fight, like the last two rounds, but it didn't seem like it was something that had affected him from the body punching, at least thats what it looked like TO ME. Most of those left hooks to the body, seemed to be landing behind Rockys elbow right by the upper part of the hip/backside of the rib cage.

He did a hell of a job working the body, but IMO it wasn't effective.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post

Elemental? Intermedia? Superior? O eso fue a kinder?

Comment

I agree that 116-112 is a very fair score for Burgos winning the fight.

How i saw from the fight and what you mention from the body punching not counting, Is that for some reason IMO and how I SAW IT, it didn't affect Rocky, he did slow down at the end of the fight, like the last two rounds, but it didn't seem like it was something that had affected him from the body punching, at least thats what it looked like TO ME. Most of those left hooks to the body, seemed to be landing behind Rockys elbow right by the upper part of the hip/backside of the rib cage.

He did a hell of a job working the body, but IMO it wasn't effective.
                  We know Rocky is a tough dude, he handles shots very well but I disagree with you. I do think the body work was very effective, not in that he was stopped but that if you notice in the last 3 rounds, Rocky was really covering up and slowed down.

He was hurting to the body and you could see it and tha'ts why I think Burgos took over late in that fight and won it.

Comment

We know Rocky is a tough dude, he handles shots very well but I disagree with you. I do think the body work was very effective, not in that he was stopped but that if you notice in the last 3 rounds, Rocky was really covering up and slowed down.

He was hurting to the body and you could see it and tha'ts why I think Burgos took over late in that fight and won it.
                    No problem memg, I agree to disagree on the body work. But as far as the last 3 rounds, burgos had rhe fight won before then lol.

Comment

No problem memg, I agree to disagree on the body work. But as far as the last 3 rounds, burgos had rhe fight won before then lol.
                      What was your score again?

By the end of the 9th round I had it 86-85 Burgos and then Burgos swept the last three.

But sointly Burgos wasnt crusing before the double digit rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X