No announcement yet.

Basketball or Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basketball or Boxing

Which sport is better for burning calories?Suppose you train as an armatuer twice a week for boxing at the local gym vs practicing basketball twice a week for the same amount of time as boxing.

Which sport will make you leaner faster?

I played basketball competitvely my whole life and i was in top shape when i walked into a boxing gym a couple of days after the season ended. I was out of shape by boxing standards. Boxing is more intense and you will get leaner faster by boxing. Basketball helps your foot work and lateral movement though

Comment

for basketball you need some other muscle groups and different intense on each group then on boxing. when you played your whole life basketball it is pretty clear that you won't have the same stamina, because you use muscles that you dont use so often. these "not trained" muscles take more oxygen.

Comment

I've played basketball and I've boxed. Both are great sports, and both burn lots of calories and will get you in good shape. Boxing wins, tho. Hands downs.

And boxing is not a team sport so you can't let your team mates take care of things for you when you think you need a break. Everything depends on how good shape YOU are in.

Comment

Boxing and basketball are great ways for you to get lean.. too bad I suck at basketball... otherwise i'd be including that on my cardio days.....sure beats running lol

Comment

Working...
          X