Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't believe I just watched a LW punk out two top 5 WW's...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    Where he should be and where he is are two different things. Hes yet to come into a WW fight under the WW limit though.
    My god you firmly put foot in mouth sometimes Burner.

You have said repeatedly that if Pwill can make weltwerweight then that's what he is. yet he is campaigning as high as middleweight and have never called him a true middleweight.

Pacquiao who weighed in at for 140lb fight at 138 after eating 2 meals can make lightweight. So if he can make lightweight comfortably is that not what he is???

Comment

I would not say he is a LW. But, he can easily make 140. 3 fights ago he weight in at 138. He could still probably make 135. So it is amazing to watch him fight at 147. But, if he losses at 147 there is no excuses now since we seen him dominate 2 top 5 WWs... Even though he is not a true WW just good enough to competer at WW...
      Last edited by jrosales13; 03-16-2010, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
        If Pacquiao was to suddenly just retire today and never fight again, he will be consider top 10 ATG in a few years.
        Naw, bro............

Comment

I saw a lighweight punk out two top 5 WW's back in 06. I have seen countless other's do that as well, De La Hoya, Mosley, the list goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            I would not say he is a LW. But, he can easily make 140. 3 fights he weight in at 138. He could still probably make 135. So it is amazing to watch him fight at 147. But, if he losses at 147 there is no excuses now since we seen him dominate 2 top 5 WWs... Even though he is not a true WW just good enough to competer at WW...
            Good fair post.............

Comment

Where he should be and where he is are two different things. Hes yet to come into a WW fight under the WW limit though.
              you gotta understand if he did that he would lose his belt. That is why he is on the high carb diet to keep weight on.

Here is a scenario....

He was 142 the day of the weigh in. Without the highcarb diet he would have dipped below 140. If you are not in between 141-147...according to the rules it's not a WW fight...meaning Pac would more than likely lose his belt for not making weight.

BTW Im not even factoring in him cutting weight like he use to which would easily result in him losing the necessary 7lbs to make LW.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                Naw, bro............
                Where would you put him if he beats floyd and pavlik?

yes i know it's a stretch. just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
                  so you expect him to weight 135 on fight night. Now current lightweight does that not even superfeatherweights. Pac should be at LW but his talent and skills allows him to dominate top 5 WW's.
                  Some people don't understand that Pac is still a 1-2 weight division lower fighter. They think that just because Pac is beating on these welter he's def a welter LOL. That Ali Funka or whatever his name is fight at lightweight but come in at 148-149 and he's a lightweight, so does that make him a welter LOL.

Comment

He weighed 145 for the weigh-in against Clottey.

Comment

You're right. People need to appreciate Ping Ping for what he's doing right now.

He's on another planet.

Comment

Working...
                      X