Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Tiger Woods is the HIGHEST PAID athlete in the World?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Tiger Woods is the HIGHEST PAID athlete in the World?

Seriously, why?

He's not really a athlete. Golf is really not a real sport.

Golf is by far not the biggest sport in america. It's behind the NFL, NBA, & COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

Soccer is more international than golf.

Golf courses are not designed nor do they hold a large capacity for paying spectators.

More people watch other sports than golf.

More people play other sports than golf.

More people follow other sports than golf.

I dont see a lot of people wearing tiger woods jerseys.

In terms of winnings by tournament its not a lot. Each tournament nets you 1,2,3 million dollars in prize money. Technically other sporting stars get paid more by their sport than tiger woods.

But I know the bulk of his money is in endorsements.

I could understand if it was lebron james or payton manning or some soccer superstar. But why is a golfer making the most money in sports?

So why does tiger woods make the most money in a sport that is not the most popular?

I find it baffling.

Is there some hidden racial reason behind it?

Because he is a ****ing phenom, in his prime you would write his name on the check before the tournament was even made.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
      Because he is a ****ing phenom, in his prime you would write his name on the check before the tournament was even made.
      yea but he losses more than he wins. I dont even consider golf a sport but a game.

more people follow other sports & more athletes win more in those sports than eldrick woods does but they dont make the same amount of money.

I think its because the majority of people that play & follow the sport are white people, hence you get different endorsement opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by DonTaseMeBrah View Post
        yea but he losses more than he wins. I dont even consider golf a sport but a game.

more people follow other sports & more athletes win more in those sports than eldrick woods does but they dont make the same amount of money.

I think its because the majority of people that play & follow the sport are white people, hence you get different endorsement opportunities.
        That too. When most of sport fans wear rolexes and drive jaguars you know you will make white man cake.

Comment

That too. When most of sport fans wear rolexes and drive jaguars you know you will make white man cake.
          Reported for this comment and for sticking for Tiger Woods because he is partially black.

Comment

because tiger woods IS golf. it starts and ends with him.

Comment

lebron should have been a sailboat racer.

Comment

Originally posted by The Fix View Post
                because tiger woods IS golf. it starts and ends with him.
                brandon jennings is the second coming of stephan marbury.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  Reported for this comment and for sticking for Tiger Woods because he is partially black.

Reported for not eating any meat other than fish on fridays.

Comment

Reported for not eating any meat other than fish on fridays.
                    ??? Im not a practicing Catholic.

Reported for making unsubstansiated claims.

Comment

Working...
                    X