Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 10-20-2017, 01:46 PM #31
king meat's twin

Quoted: 706 Post(s)
VG_Addict has a reputation beyond reputeVG_Addict has a reputation beyond reputeVG_Addict has a reputation beyond reputeVG_Addict has a reputation beyond reputeVG_Addict has a reputation beyond reputeVG_Addict has a reputation beyond reputeVG_Addict has a reputation beyond reputeVG_Addict has a reputation beyond reputeVG_Addict has a reputation beyond reputeVG_Addict has a reputation beyond reputeVG_Addict has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 103,102,868.66
Happy Birthday. Hope you grow some balls and lose your virginity one day. - Strictly_UG happy birthday :beerchug: - -jose- Happy B-Day.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Lol dumb ass - ScottWeiland 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darius45 View Post
But here's the thing. Rigo has a longer reach than Loma unlike Russell, and also unlike Russell, Rigo is a 2x gold medalist like Loma with incredible timing and footwork himself... So Loma is going to have a very hard time negating Rigo's speed and accuracy with timing. I think Loma will have to eat some shots to get in close and overwhelm Rigo with size and activity.
Rigo has a longer reach, but Loma is taller.

And Walters had a longer reach than Loma. It didn't do him any good.
VG_Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-20-2017, 02:08 PM #32
Contender

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
buddyr is infamous around these partsbuddyr is infamous around these partsbuddyr is infamous around these partsbuddyr is infamous around these partsbuddyr is infamous around these partsbuddyr is infamous around these partsbuddyr is infamous around these partsbuddyr is infamous around these partsbuddyr is infamous around these partsbuddyr is infamous around these partsbuddyr is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 3,814.07

Quote:
Originally Posted by darius45 View Post
I doubt a gain of 8lb is going to slow him down. Roy Jones was still crazy quick at 175. Rigo will probably weight 130 or less on fight night...Loma will be like 140.
roy jones was still fast at 200 so 8lbs is gonna be a death sentence.
buddyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 02:15 PM #33
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 263 Post(s)
darius45 has a reputation beyond reputedarius45 has a reputation beyond reputedarius45 has a reputation beyond reputedarius45 has a reputation beyond reputedarius45 has a reputation beyond reputedarius45 has a reputation beyond reputedarius45 has a reputation beyond reputedarius45 has a reputation beyond reputedarius45 has a reputation beyond reputedarius45 has a reputation beyond reputedarius45 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 159,469.42
Rigo-Loma Promoter! - CubanGuyNYC Never say die! - CubanGuyNYC 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VG_Addict View Post
Rigo has a longer reach, but Loma is taller.

And Walters had a longer reach than Loma. It didn't do him any good.
Walters didn't have the speed, movement, timing, skill, and tenacity of Rigo though. Walters had power but didn't have to the tools to implement. Rigo isn't as big a puncher as Walters but he has serious pop and has all the tools to get those punches on target, while being a defensive master so as to avoid taking a lot of punishment from the bigger Loma
darius45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:43 PM #34
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1078 Post(s)
McNulty has a reputation beyond reputeMcNulty has a reputation beyond reputeMcNulty has a reputation beyond reputeMcNulty has a reputation beyond reputeMcNulty has a reputation beyond reputeMcNulty has a reputation beyond reputeMcNulty has a reputation beyond reputeMcNulty has a reputation beyond reputeMcNulty has a reputation beyond reputeMcNulty has a reputation beyond reputeMcNulty has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 462,426.00
Total Points: 1,000,000,632,736.49

Rigondeaux all day!
McNulty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:01 PM #35
Contender

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
el_locoteee is a glorious beacon of lightel_locoteee is a glorious beacon of lightel_locoteee is a glorious beacon of lightel_locoteee is a glorious beacon of lightel_locoteee is a glorious beacon of light
Total Points: 14,940.96

Quote:
Originally Posted by el*** View Post
according to boxrec, rigo has a 2.5" reach advantage but when I look at them it doesnt seem like it at all. I dont think loma's arms are unusually short but they list them at 65.5" vs 68" for rigo. They also list loma as 2" taller but I thought the size difference was bigger. Loma looks like he has a better reach advantage maybe because he looks like he has longer legs.

I want to see them side by side in person. I pictured Loma staying outside using his height and combinations, movement ect to outbox rigo. If they are closer in size and loma drops his output and fights Rigo's fight (a slower pace chess match) then he is in trouble.

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

Loma got some short arms, and if you look Loma got some long neck, which get him a height closer to 5'7 and Rigo closer to 5'3, they just round the numbers, the difference in height is closer to 4 inches, 3 for sure.

As a Houston Rockets fans I know a guy like Yao had short arms for basketball even when he was over 5 inches taller than Shaq he only have about 2 inch of standing reach advantage due to having a smaller Wingspan.
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:22 AM #36
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 939 Post(s)
Mr Objecitivity has much to be proud ofMr Objecitivity has much to be proud ofMr Objecitivity has much to be proud ofMr Objecitivity has much to be proud ofMr Objecitivity has much to be proud ofMr Objecitivity has much to be proud ofMr Objecitivity has much to be proud ofMr Objecitivity has much to be proud ofMr Objecitivity has much to be proud of
Total Points: 1,000,000,129,528.29

From what I've seen from both guys and from other boxers that are some of the fastest when it comes to punching. Lomachenko's fastest punches are as fast as the fastest boxers today. Including compared to Gary Russel Jr or Amir Khan. Lomachenko, when he decides to explode and let go of his most powerful / fastest punches is one of the fastest punchers in boxing. However, he unlike many others, varies the speed and the rhythm of his punches, which is a testament to his advanced skills obtained from his amateur career.

So I'd think both Rigondeaux and Lomachenko are near even when it comes to punching speed.

When it comes to foot speed and agility, both seem even in those departments as well.

The only downside for Rigondeaux is that there is a chance with the extra weight in a new higher weight division, he maybe slower than he usually is and maybe slower compared to Lomachenko, specifically at 130 pounds. So I guess we'll have to wait and see!
Mr Objecitivity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:53 AM #37
Captain Gym

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Ogecca MaMa has a reputation beyond reputeOgecca MaMa has a reputation beyond reputeOgecca MaMa has a reputation beyond reputeOgecca MaMa has a reputation beyond reputeOgecca MaMa has a reputation beyond reputeOgecca MaMa has a reputation beyond reputeOgecca MaMa has a reputation beyond reputeOgecca MaMa has a reputation beyond reputeOgecca MaMa has a reputation beyond reputeOgecca MaMa has a reputation beyond reputeOgecca MaMa has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 251,462,236,213,375,520.00
Total Points: 251,462,236,213,438,944.00
Fine wine bro - mangler Merry Xmas - mangler Thanks. Long live the King LOL. - Sugar Freddi Medal of honor - mangler Eat up - mangler 
lucky charm - MANGLER get money - MANGLER As promised bro! - led No Message - led No Message - led 
cheers! thanks a bunch bro. - Amazinger for being honest. - Amazinger for the Russian warrior - BoZz Very much appreciated brother - BulgariasFinest Round two indeed - danny711 
Fitzsimmons Award - McGoorty Happy New Year - Freedom. I'll gladly shell out some of this to smash the chick in your sig - -Deal With It- good luck wit the fight this weekend dude!! - HUGH JASS Here's a soft pretzel for sharing those real news videos!  Keep dropping the hard-hitting truth on 'em brother. - Rostov Papa 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - mangler Autism - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - The Scientist Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler Head and Neck Cancer - Sox8055 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - PensionKiller Childhood Cancer - mangler Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - mangler Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - mangler Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - MANGLER 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MANGLER Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Sweet Jesus Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MANGLER World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 

1 guy throws 10 punches a round. another moves all over the ring, accelerating every round.

yeah, Rigo is faster...
Ogecca MaMa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:40 PM #38
Interim Champion

Quoted: 243 Post(s)
THC is just really niceTHC is just really niceTHC is just really niceTHC is just really nice
Total Points: 18,841.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
Rigo has some heavy hands, and he throws punches with bad intentions. That hook to the liver is killer.
I was yelling at him to throw that hook to the body during the last round when he had Donaire on his bicycle, protecting that busted up eye with a high guard, ribs fully exposed. Instead, Rigo went head hunting, missed several punches, and Donaire survived. Guess Rigo got too excited.
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:49 PM #39
Latin From Manhattan

Quoted: 600 Post(s)
CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 105,730,623,155,921,027,072.00
Total Points: 105,730,623,155,921,027,072.00
good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice 
We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov 
Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 
Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 Happy Holidays! - MDPopescu No Message - stephenmc 

Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post
I was yelling at him to throw that hook to the body during the last round when he had Donaire on his bicycle, protecting that busted up eye with a high guard, ribs fully exposed. Instead, Rigo went head hunting, missed several punches, and Donaire survived. Guess Rigo got too excited.
I was there to witness that. Those were some beautiful closing moments. So many people expected Donaire to ice Rigo. Yet, in the end, the hunter became the hunted. I hope Guillermo has one more performance like that left in him.
CubanGuyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:23 PM #40
Interim Champion

Quoted: 243 Post(s)
THC is just really niceTHC is just really niceTHC is just really niceTHC is just really nice
Total Points: 18,841.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
I was there to witness that. Those were some beautiful closing moments. So many people expected Donaire to ice Rigo. Yet, in the end, the hunter became the hunted. I hope Guillermo has one more performance like that left in him.
Dang! That must've been one hella experience to see that fight live!
THC is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
advantage, bigger, loma?, rigo, speed

User Tag List