Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marquez vs Donaire at 135... Why Not...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquez vs Donaire at 135... Why Not...

Marquez vs Donaire at 135.

Nonito is way too big for his current weight class. Marquez is a little guy. Side by side, they are not much different in size.

That could be the breakout fight that could elevate Donaire to superstar status much like Pacquiao's two weight division jump to fight Oscar De La Hoya. But Marquez is not Oscar in terms of star status, although he is at his all time high in terms of popularity, having just KTFO Manny Pacquiao.

Marquez vs Donaire at 135. Make it Happen for 2013!

I doubt Marquez could make 135 now.

It would be pointless anyway, Marquez would kill him.

Comment

Why do people insist that Donaire should be a lightweight? The guy is getting outweighed fighting at 118 and 122, he's not that big. He'll probably hit his absolute limit at 126 or 130.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Why do people insist that Donaire should be a lightweight? The guy is getting outweighed fighting at 118 and 122, he's not that big. He'll probably hit his absolute limit at 126 or 130.
        Doniare is 5' 5 1/2". He's Gamboa's height. Yuri looks ripped at 130; Nonito looks soft at 122. I think Gamboa's pushing it at 135. Imagine Donaire.

Comment

Yeah sure he is getting outweighed. Apparently Arce outweighed him by 6lbs, never heard so much bull**** in all my life. Donaire looked 3 weight classes bigger.

Comment

This. Donaire is a small dude. He was just 129 lbs for the arce fight.

Comment

donaire can barely make 130 with full hydrate

Comment

Neither can make 35......

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                  This. Donaire is a small dude. He was just 129 lbs for the arce fight.

He was 133 at 118 for Naevarez with 3 meals and more fluids still to go so I don't believe for one second he was 129 for Arce.

Isn't it funny how he is always outweighed yet amazingly is not only taller (and b y more than Boxrec has it) but his calves, thighs, back, everything is far bigger than his opponents.

Lets face it, the guy rehydrates to around 140. He is fcuking huge at the weight!

Comment

Marquez made 144 for his last fight. Said he had to overeat just to stay at that weight and he used weightlifting to add the weight smartly. He can make 135 if he wants to. He's not a big guy. I met him in Tucson after the Rocky fight. Dude is small.

Comment

Working...
                    X