Comments Thread For: Marquez’s One-Shot Finish Worthy of Silver Screen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For crying out loud, read before posting

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
    I dont understand why BS is still publishing this writer. He mentions the controversial Win over Marquez and most can agree with that. But he says a Loss to Bradley when that is more controversial. What a joke. Also, Broner over Pac in a P4P list by beating who? This guy is the worst writer here.
    I don't spend a lot of time responding, because, quite frankly, it doesn't do a lot of good. But for Christ's sake, if you're going to take the time to say what a terrible writer I am, at least get the facts straight. Take a look at the piece you complained about and you'll see quite clearly that I was chastising someone else for believing Pac should drop out of P4P top 10s, and I was wondering how anyone with any sense could blast Pac both for stealing a decision in Marquez 3 and for losing a lousy decision against Bradley.

I don't care if people don't like my stuff, but when their posts are based on not actually comprehending what they're *****ing about, they look ridiculous.

Comment

Congrat's to Marquez!

One thing is obvious, Marquez hit's harder this time around than the previous fights! Whether he is clean or using PEDS only God knows...

I'm not accusing him! But honestly, I'm a bit suspicious...
      Who can blame me?

In the 3rd round he hit Pacquiao with I good looping right hand while Pacquiao was standing flat footed with good balance!!! Pac fall hard although he wasn't hat hurt... Marquez hit Pacquiao with similar punch in their 2nd fight in round 1 in which Pacquiao was off balance, Pac was wobbled but didn't go down...

In the 6th round, the "perfect punch" came and that knock Manny Pacquiao cold!
      I remember a similar punch, that was back in 2008 2nd fight round 10....
      Marquez run into the the left straight of Pacquiao... As hard as that punch was... and Manny is a real hard hitter... It's one of the strongest Pacquiao punch I've seen with Full Leverage... But Marquez didn't fall (although he appears to be tripped but regained his balance).....

Looking into the future...

If Marquez still wants to continue to fight... the only fight make sense from business perspective and quality of fight... It's the Marquez-Pacquiao V!!!

The other fight is ofcourse with Mayweather...

But Marquez will never win against Mayweather no matter how strong he was against Pacquiao... Stylistically, i'ts a nightmare macthup for his style... We saw that in their fight!!!
      I don't think he has the speed to catch Mayweather.... He's a great counterpuncher but it will be rendered ineffective against a mover!!!

Comparing Pacquiao & Marquez... who's the better fighter???
      For me... Even though Marquez won the 4th fight in devastating fashion...
      I'm still convinced that Pacquiao is a much better talent than Marquez...

The reason is:
      In all 4 fights... Pac always played the Aggressor Role! In war, it's like Marquez is in the bunker with his cannons...

Had Marquez played the Aggressor Role in all those 4 fights....
      I think Pacquiao would knock him out each fight even if he's on PEDS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wengz2002 View Post
        Congrat's to Marquez!

One thing is obvious, Marquez hit's harder this time around than the previous fights! Whether he is clean or using PEDS only God knows...

Who can blame me?

In the 3rd round he hit Pacquiao with I good looping right hand while Pacquiao was standing flat footed with good balance!!! Pac fall hard although he wasn't hat hurt... Marquez hit Pacquiao with similar punch in their 2nd fight in round 1 in which Pacquiao was off balance, Pac was wobbled but didn't go down...

Marquez run into the the left straight of Pacquiao... As hard as that punch was... and Manny is a real hard hitter... It's one of the strongest Pacquiao punch I've seen with Full Leverage... But Marquez didn't fall (although he appears to be tripped but regained his balance).....

If Marquez still wants to continue to fight... the only fight make sense from business perspective and quality of fight... It's the Marquez-Pacquiao V!!!

But Marquez will never win against Mayweather no matter how strong he was against Pacquiao... Stylistically, i'ts a nightmare macthup for his style... We saw that in their fight!!!
        I don't think he has the speed to catch Mayweather.... He's a great counterpuncher but it will be rendered ineffective against a mover!!!

The reason is:
        In all 4 fights... Pac always played the Aggressor Role! In war, it's like Marquez is in the bunker with his cannons...

Comment

Originally posted by fitzbitz View Post
          I don't spend a lot of time responding, because, quite frankly, it doesn't do a lot of good. But for Christ's sake, if you're going to take the time to say what a terrible writer I am, at least get the facts straight. Take a look at the piece you complained about and you'll see quite clearly that I was chastising someone else for believing Pac should drop out of P4P top 10s, and I was wondering how anyone with any sense could blast Pac both for stealing a decision in Marquez 3 and for losing a lousy decision against Bradley.

I don't care if people don't like my stuff, but when their posts are based on not actually comprehending what they're *****ing about, they look ridiculous.
          Some of these kids are quite daft to say the least... Good piece Lyle.

Comment

Originally posted by wengz2002 View Post
            Congrat's to Marquez!

Who can blame me?

The reason is:

Are you serious? Your basically saying, "Manny is still the better fighter because if Marquez would only have stood still and let Pac hit him, Pac would have won all 4 fights by K.O."

Yeah, and if my aunt had a penis, she'd be my uncle. Get out of here with that nonsense.

Marquez 4-0 against Pacquiao. Three close ones and 1 destruction. As a wise man once said, "This business is finished".

Comment

marquez's career certainly does have an sense of fairytale about it now.

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
                Some of these kids are quite daft to say the least... Good piece Lyle.
                I concur.....

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                  I wish Marquez's LIbra x Libra documentary was being shown in the U.S.

Chavez sr: "It's Juan Manuel's era, I wouldn't have wanted to fight a fighter like Juan Manuel Marquez"
                  Any subtitled version id watch it.

Comment

Manny was close to stopping Marquez

Manny is finished and his legacy is ruined.
                    One devastating Marquez KO punch put Paq on the heap of losers forever. Just as George Foreman is only remembered for getting KO'd by Ali. Paq got KO'd career over. Memories none.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeMack View Post
                      Manny is finished and his legacy is ruined.
                      One devastating Marquez KO punch put Paq on the heap of losers forever. Just as George Foreman is only remembered for getting KO'd by Ali. Paq got KO'd career over. Memories none.
                      pretty much its not becaues he got ko buts its the way he got knock out his leagcy took a big hit i agree with you

Comment

Working...
                      X