No announcement yet.

Conditioning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditioning

I had just joined a boxing gym and I go every night. I was looking to hit the gym for conditioning first thing in the morning 5 days a week. Looking to warm up and condition certain muscles. To increase muscle endurance not size. Any links or anything to get an idea of what I should do?

Just watch all the Rocky montages and you'll be good. jk

If you're already in a boxing gym, I'd recommend talking to the coaches/trainers there. They can judge what you'll need better in person, take into account things we can't see. Also, taking their advice and putting in the work will show them you're serious and make a strong impression.

In lieu of that - jump rope, run, and do some solid core workouts for starters.

Comment

Originally posted by a.rihn View Post
      Hahahahhahahaha

Comment

Do this.

Ignore the "gay training seminar" title, that is a stupid and juvenile name for what in reality is a tremendous training method.

Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 01-31-2020, 12:56 PM.

Comment

If you're already in a boxing gym, I'd recommend talking to the coaches/trainers there. They can judge what you'll need better in person, take into account things we can't see. Also, taking their advice and putting in the work will show them you're serious and make a strong impression.

In lieu of that - jump rope, run, and do some solid core workouts for starters.
          Bolded is basically the answer to most threads on here

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
            Bolded is basically the answer to most threads on here
            I only plagiarize from the best.

Comment

Great artists steal...

Hey, I checked out your column, good stuff man. I hope your poetry project is selling OK, I think the concept is very good. Poetry is a hard sell these days

Comment

The best would have to be Anorak in these parts.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
                  Great artists steal...

Hey, I checked out your column, good stuff man. I hope your poetry project is selling OK, I think the concept is very good. Poetry is a hard sell these days
                  Thank you - I appreciate the kind words! I haven't heard any numbers yet, but the publisher is excited for the potential of the project (and you're right, a lot of poetry doesn't sell well).

Really glad you enjoyed the column, too! It's mostly geared toward non-boxing fans, so much of it is more basic than the crowd here is interested in, but I'm committed to keeping some interesting things happening over at The Pugilist.

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  The best would have to be Anorak in these parts.
                  There are many great minds here, it's lovely.

Comment

In addition to the advice to get with your coach, just about every serious reading I've done points to using the skip rope. Lots of reasons, which you can find, but I would say it's something to add to your list of morning items.

Comment

Working...
                    X