Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't the WBC order a final eliminator for Wilder's belt?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't the WBC order a final eliminator for Wilder's belt?

They've ordered Lara vs Williams and Golovkin vs Charlo, but Wilder has now gone 3 years fighting only one mandatory defense. That's reaching Adonis Stevenson status. By doing this they have allowed Wilder to fight some of the worst title defenses since Joe Louis' "bum of the month club". They could have at least made Whyte vs Breazeale or something right?

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
    allowed Wilder to fight some of the worst title defenses
    Like Ortiz and Fury?

Comment

They did. It was Dominic Breazeale vs Eric Molina back in November last year. Of course they'll probably never actually enforce that mandatory. If that doesn't show you how terrible the WBC is than nothing will.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        Like Ortiz and Fury?
        You must have a short memory. Wilder fought Duhaupas, Szpilka, Arreola and Washignton consecutively with no mandatories.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
          You must have a short memory. Wilder fought Duhaupas, Szpilka, Arreola and Washignton consecutively with no mandatories.
          Who do you reckon is the worst?

Comment

Yeah WBC made Wildher the new Stivenson, it's a disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
              They've ordered Lara vs Williams and Golovkin vs Charlo, but Wilder has now gone 3 years fighting only one mandatory defense.
              Povetkin f#cked up his mando, can't blame Wilder for that.

And Stiverne II was a mando. It was a crazy mando cuz Stiverne accepted a step aside fee for Ortiz to happen, but then when Ortiz popped dirty Stiverne was re-confirmed as the mando.

They could have at least made Whyte vs Breazeale or something right?
              I agree with this doe. I think ideally if boxing was f#cking corrupt a mando spot should be made by asking the #1 guy down to whatever ranked guy you gotta go to to find 2 guys willing to fight a mando within a certain time table (3-6mos maybe) & the winner is the mando to the champ.

We don't live in an ideal boxing world doe. And sh^t is nuts & from what I've heard of these conventions is you can go up as a manager, promoter or fighter & start saying sh^t & they vote on it right then at some of them. Which sounds f#cking nuts to me, but if I'm ranked guy & I want the fight I'm probably showing up at said event to plead my case cuz if you don't weird corrupt sh^t can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                They did. It was Dominic Breazeale vs Eric Molina back in November last year. Of course they'll probably never actually enforce that mandatory. If that doesn't show you how terrible the WBC is than nothing will.
                Respect on remembering that sh^t.

2017-11-04 : Dominic Breazeale 255¼ lbs beat Eric Molina 250¼ lbs by RTD at 3:00 in round 8 of 12
                Referee: Danny Schiavone
                Judge: Robert Perez
                Judge: Robin Taylor
                Judge: Ron McNair
                WBC World heavyweight title eliminator
                http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:2197944

Comment

As of right now, Duhaupas is ranked 28th, Szpilka is ranked 30th and Washington is ranked 36th in the world. Stiverne is ranked 33rd, Molina is ranked 31st and the guy he fought right before the first Stiverne fight, Jason Gavern is retired with a record or 27-21-4 hahah. The Gavern fight was Wilder's 32nd fight. AJ has 4 belts within 22 fights and he has fought Klitschko (HOF), Parker #10, Povetkin #3, Whyte #5 and Takam who is now down to #42 after a couple losses but he was top ten when AJ fought him. The difference in competition level is MILES apart if you compare the two. And with Wilder, yeah a couple of guys tested positive so they couldn't fight him, but he always chose someone weak to fight when that happened instead of a good opponent. It's hard to respect that

Comment

They're pretty lax, rules are guidelines, not actual rules.

Where the IBF gets hate, is their hardline stance towards the rules, but I wish other Orgs could take a few notes from them.

Comment

Working...
                    X