Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bad is coffee for you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok comparing weed to coffee is a bit of a reach.

Comment

I would avoid coffee (and caffeinated beverages) altogether simply because of the caffeine. You don't need it. Just as you should avoid any supplements that contain caffeine and caffeine derivatives (or drugs/stimulants) that are similar to it (e.g., guarana). Even decaf coffee has minimal amounts of caffeine in it (along with other chemicals).

Cut it out of your diet and stick to water and fresh squeezed juices (or frozen-blender fruit) juices, or at least all-natural juices to avoid the high-sugar content of most "juices" that are only 10-25% juice anyway. Once you cut it out, you'll feel much, much better after a while.

Comment

The only successful method I know of to wake yourself up in the mornings without drinking coffee, get a cold shower. That probably sounds rediculous but it really works. I'm wide awake as soon as I feel ice cold water on the back of my neck, seems to shock your senses to life or something like that.

Comment

True enough. I always shower cold in the morning, BUT I always do so after a really good PT (workout) session as well. Get up at 0430 every morning (a habit from years in the USMC), rain or shine, for PT. Then, cold shower. Point being, don't know your exercise regimen, but I find a session, at least for an hour or so, in the morning, also helps to really wake me up as well. Might give that a try too.

Comment

Originally posted by Coreano
            ok comparing weed to coffee is a bit of a reach.
            i compair them because coffee is so dangerous yet its legal
            while weed dosnt really hurt anybody

coffee ****s your gul bladder up not to mention your kidneys and it does who knows what to your liver ... its no walk in the park

Comment

myths and myths about coffe.

according to the newest studies, coffe encrease the metabolism and make you perform bout 5% both in strength and stamina, coffe also includes no kcals and are full off antioxydants.

1-5 cups a day is not only ok its actually good for you, allthough rember to drink more water if you drink coffe.

Comment

yeah man thats why people get head aches and **** when they cant have it

Comment

Originally posted by joeytrimble
                  thats funny man i read a study was done and only like a certain number of the chemicals in coffee that they checked was higher then that of weed and thats just of what they checked!
                  actually i've heard coffee has components in it which help fight cancer

Comment

i also know that pot helps cancer , aids, so on so forth patients
                    its not something i heard that i cant verify

point is ...coffee gives some people headaches and **** if they dont have it not to mention makes them mean and docile

pot dosnt give you headaches if you dont have it ..the only people that get mean .are jerks to begain with ...and its proven not to affect peoples general personailitys

proof man... facts not something i heard waiting to get my teeth cleaned

Comment

Originally posted by joeytrimble
                      i also know that pot helps cancer , aids, so on so forth patients
                      its not something i heard that i cant verify

point is ...coffee gives some people headaches and **** if they dont have it not to mention makes them mean and docile

pot dosnt give you headaches if you dont have it ..the only people that get mean .are jerks to begain with ...and its proven not to affect peoples general personailitys

proof man... facts not something i heard waiting to get my teeth cleaned
                      Ok, you saying weed has hardly any negative effects is very troubling especially if your a boxer.

On The Brain:
                      -THC rapidly passes from the lungs into the bloodstream, which carries the chemical to organs throughout the body, including the brain.

-In the brain, THC connects to specific sites called cannabinoid receptors on nerve cells and influences the activity of those cells. Many cannabinoid receptors are found in the parts of the brain that influence pleasure, memory, thought, concentration, sensory and time perception, and coordinated movement. (seems like things important to boxing, No?)

-Short term memory loss, as well as problems learning anything.

On The Heart:
                      -One study has indicated that an abuser's risk of heart attack more than quadruples in the first hour after smoking marijuana.

On The Lungs:
                      - Even infrequent abuse can cause burning and stinging of the mouth and throat, often accompanied by a heavy cough.

-Marijuana abuse also has the potential to promote cancer of the lungs and other parts of the respiratory tract because it contains irritants and carcinogens.

-Marijuana users usually inhale more deeply and hold their breath longer than tobacco smokers do, which increases the lungs' exposure to carcinogenic smoke. These facts suggest that, puff for puff, smoking marijuana may be more harmful to the lungs than smoking tobacco.

I've had enough friends who dont reach their potential because of POT. Dont fall into that trap.

Comment

Working...
                      X