Collapse
No announcement yet.

The way marquez was blown out by Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing will tarnish Marquez slaying Pacquiao ( save for a positive drug test).

Comment

Something seems artificial about Marquez still being here and at 147 at that. This short attention span thread title confirms it. JMM is in the class of Barrera and Morales. Yet he is still here trying to compete with the new generation.

And it doesn't have the same organic feel as Hopkins. It seems like JMM doesn't wanna fight too often anymore because his training camp's are too taxing on his body, too intense and scientific and he can't go through with it too many more times, whereas a Hopkins just works out a bit every day and doesn't train too much harder when he is gearing up for a fight. JMM seems like a guy who fattens up eating Mexican food and then needs to get away and train in a hyperbaric chamber to turn into a Super Sayan Mexican or something, and it's still not good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Bradley didn't blow out Marquez. He clearly won, but he didn't blow him out. 8-4 or 7-5.
        Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        It wasn't blow out, but it was a very clear win
        ^^ These are spot on. I had it 7-5 Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by low_Bo View Post
          It really depleted his value as a ppv attraction. Seriously, it tarnished his PAC KO. It exposes marquez as a guy who is good at fighting PAC, nothing else. He was owned by Mayweather, John, and Bradley. PAC is the only significant win, and that punch was one in a million. No way he could do it again.
          it's true sadly. I was a big marquez fan and was on the whole ATG hype but honestly it sort of lifted the veil from my eyes and made me realize Marquez resumé is greatly overrated and really he's just a guy that has Pacquiao's number the way Tarver had Roy's but doesn't mean Tarver is great or is greater than Roy. Anyone else decent Marquez got owned including a 75 year old shot Barrera

Comment

I'm a huge jmm fan but I'm not blind or biased
            7-5Marquez>John
            5-7marquez Marquez winning 1,3 and obviously 4
            Norwood I need to re watch
            Mayweather is the only blow out in his career

Comment

The john decision was a horrible call IMO. I had the Bradley fight 7-5 for timmeh. I'm impressed that Marquez is even campaigning at 147. He has no business at welter or even jr welter IMO

Comment

It was a 115 113 fight. Bradley won but if it was reverse for Marquez its legit as well. **** it I want the rematch.

Comment

What is with the recent spat of Marquez hate? For what he's given us over the years, the great wars, historic rivalries, some of the best combinations we'll ever see in our lifetime, the heart of a champion, amazing clinics and knockouts, the hate seems very out of place.

When there are guys out there who promise everything and deliver very little, Marquez and fighters of his ilk should only be enjoyed while they're still fighting because there's far too few that are willing to give us such great fighting memories. I, for one, am going to miss the Marquez bros now that they're both all but done. A lifetime of epic fights from those two alone.

It is funny however that I keep reading this stuff about Marquez being 'schooled', 'blown out' and other rubbish that has nothing to do with what actually happened in that fight. It was a close fight that Marquez nearly pulled out by coming on strong toward the end in a nip and tuck scrap. For a 40 year old career featherweight, against an undefeated (technically) P4P rated prime welterweight champion, that's seriously impressive.

Anyway, Adrian Broner's fighting to weekend huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
                    Something seems artificial about Marquez still being here and at 147 at that. This short attention span thread title confirms it. JMM is in the class of Barrera and Morales. Yet he is still here trying to compete with the new generation.

And it doesn't have the same organic feel as Hopkins. It seems like JMM doesn't wanna fight too often anymore because his training camp's are too taxing on his body, too intense and scientific and he can't go through with it too many more times, whereas a Hopkins just works out a bit every day and doesn't train too much harder when he is gearing up for a fight. JMM seems like a guy who fattens up eating Mexican food and then needs to get away and train in a hyperbaric chamber to turn into a Super Sayan Mexican or something, and it's still not good enough.
                    It could also just be that we are seeing his downfall. He's just going to be slower and easier to hit if he fights again. We can really see his age now and he's just not looking good anymore in comparison to his younger years.

He's getting close to being an old, shot fighter and we are witnessing the first steps of it before the sudden slide down. He needs to retire because it's only going to get worse, not better.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                      What is with the recent spat of Marquez hate? For what he's given us over the years, the great wars, historic rivalries, some of the best combinations we'll ever see in our lifetime, the heart of a champion, amazing clinics and knockouts, the hate seems very out of place.

When there are guys out there who promise everything and deliver very little, Marquez and fighters of his ilk should only be enjoyed while they're still fighting because there's far too few that are willing to give us such great fighting memories. I, for one, am going to miss the Marquez bros now that they're both all but done. A lifetime of epic fights from those two alone.

It is funny however that I keep reading this stuff about Marquez being 'schooled', 'blown out' and other rubbish that has nothing to do with what actually happened in that fight. It was a close fight that Marquez nearly pulled out by coming on strong toward the end in a nip and tuck scrap. For a 40 year old career featherweight, against an undefeated (technically) P4P rated prime welterweight champion, that's seriously impressive.

Anyway, Adrian Broner's fighting to weekend huh?
                      He whines and can't take a loss like a champ.
                      That Pac KO made his head bigger than it already is.

Bradley schooled him in my book, made him look silly. Although the cards were close it was a clear decision for Bradley and I don't want to see a rematch because Marquez will get another L.

He should just demand a Pac fight in Mexico and call it a day otherwise retire now.

Comment

Working...
                      X