No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Rating: High For Boxing, Low For Network TV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBSwillsurelyregretwastingmillionsofdollarsonthech icken

Apparently, CBS has not seen the worst on Mayweather, yet!

Comment

that's because floyd and his repugnant fan base doesnt realize the fact that he's not as famous, charismatic, and important as they think they are.

I dont like floyd and even i cringe at some of the stuff he says do.

There's a reason why he has never had a major shoe or apparel deal.

Comment

The show was just plain boring. These Mayweather documentaries are getting old, and it's just not interesting to watch anymore...even for Floyd fans.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
          that's because floyd and his repugnant fan base doesnt realize the fact that he's not as famous, charismatic, and important as they think they are.

100% right. I also think you have to consider that most of the ppv buys he generates are from people wanting to see him lose and I think the casuals are now wise to the fact that the guy wont take any risks.

Comment

The show was decent because of the interview with ppl who knew Floyd.
            CBS took after Fox who do a similar show every sunday before their UFC on Fox but those are much better and follow the main 6 fighters around.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
              100% right. I also think you have to consider that most of the ppv buys he generates are from people wanting to see him lose and I think the casuals are now wise to the fact that the guy wont take any risks.
              How can a casual get wise to the fact he doesnt take risks if they are just casuals and dont know this sport?

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                Maybe these stupid ****s will learn you have to market. You can't just put a show like that on network tv, and expect it to automatically get ratings.

Could you imagine Lebron James having a doc done on him on network tv? That **** would be in commercials nightly for a month.

The stupid fucking boxing promoters will never learn. Plus they don't care. Too money hungry to improve the sport.
                They are reaching out to boxing and non boxing fans. This IS shrewed marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  How can a casual get wise to the fact he doesnt take risks if they are just casuals and dont know this sport?
                  Ouch!!!!!!!good response to a post that contradicts its self.

Comment

It was a success for boxing and that's all that matters. I doubt showtime is *****ing about the rating.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post

While floyd plays a heel to sell tickets he does a lot of work for charity that he does not talk about. And when you make the type of money he makes who cares about a shoe deal. Dudes get caught up in the hype. Boxing is a hurt sport its not for dudes that want to hold hands and sing.

Comment

Working...
                      X