No announcement yet.

Nexus 7 and iPad retina comparison

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nexus 7 and iPad retina comparison

I just got my Nexus and I've compared it to the iPad. I just got it home tonight so I don't have much experience so far, but this is what I've managed to learn.

The HD screen resolution on both devices is great. The Nexus has a much smaller screen naturally but they're both well defined. Both screens are responsive.

Both devices are intuitive to use, and respond swiftly to commands. The processor speed is good for both.

Both devices have an abundance of apps available.

How do they differ?

Well the iPad allows you to change the screen layout by tilting it. Unless I'm missing something you can't do that with the Nexus. Also the iPad has two cameras, front and back, while the nexus just has a front facing one. No big deal, I have a camera and I have a camera in my Blackberry. I never intended to take pictures with it.

On the other hand I can customise my layout on the Nexus, can't do that on the iPad. The iPad is slightly easier to use but I want to learn the device a bit on the Nexus and really get it working how I want.

The verdict so far is that the iPad is a slightly better piece of kit but it cost twice as much and it comes with half the memory.

Interesting stuff. I have the new IPad, and it's my first tablet purchase. I have to say they are a real revelation. Just even from the standpoint of being able to get in a state of even further laziness while I use the net.

So far very impressed. First apple product too.

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
      Interesting stuff. I have the new IPad, and it's my first tablet purchase. I have to say they are a real revelation. Just even from the standpoint of being able to get in a state of even further laziness while I use the net.

So far very impressed. First apple product too.
      Wait till you start to get more of them. They are quite awesome.

Comment

Working...
      X