Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Vitali Klitschko been avoiding David Haye since seeing Chisora get knocked out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Vitali Klitschko been avoiding David Haye since seeing Chisora get knocked out?

When Vitali beat Chisora he told Haye during the post-fight press conference that if Haye beat Chisora then himself and Haye would fight next. Haye went on to take up the challenge and soundly defeated Chisora by KO, it has to be said in a much more impressive and conclusive performance than Vitali's.

So the stage was set, Vitali had promised Haye a fight if he beat Chisora, Haye did just that and carried out his part of the verbal agreement. Two of the best heavyweights today were about to square off in the ring. But, quite disappointingly, Vitali hasn't fulfilled his part of the deal yet. He told Haye face to face on camera he'd fight him if he beat Chisora, but now we're hearing stories about Vitali not even being interested in facing Haye.

Is Vitali avoiding Haye because he longer believes he can beat him, or that it would be too tough a fight to take? Why won't Vitali Klitschko fight David Haye?
    Vitali has avoided Haye since the Chisora KO
    50.00%
    Vitali isn't avoiding Haye, he just doesn't want to fight him
    16.67%
    He never intended to fight Haye
    2.38%
    He feels he can't beat Haye
    7.14%
    He sees Haye as a genuine threat
    11.90%
    His team are advising him against the Haye fight
    11.90%

They both have different stories so who do you feel is the more honest man, Vitali or Haye?

I know who I'm inclined to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      They both have different stories so who do you feel is the more honest man, Vitali or Haye?

I know who I'm inclined to believe.
      Well certain truths were recorded on camera, like Vitali telling Haye if he beat Chisora he'll fight him. That's not really down to who's the more honest man because there's video evidence to support it.

As far as trusting a boxer or a politician.. tough choice..

Comment

I just wonder what happened to him wanting to teach Haye a lesson

Comment

where is the "Haye did nothing to deserve another Klitchko fight after loosing every round against Wladimir" choice?

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
            Well certain truths were recorded on camera, like Vitali telling Haye if he beat Chisora he'll fight him. That's not really down to who's the more honest man because there's video evidence to support it.
            I believe it was Boente who said that, and if you believe VK he'll say offers were made to Haye which were turned down.

As far as trusting a boxer or a politician.. tough choice..
            lol don't come with that, Vitali is hardly a hardened politician.

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
            I just wonder what happened to him wanting to teach Haye a lesson
            Afaik VK's view is that he's tired of Haye turning down his offers.

Comment

Originally posted by molinari View Post
              where is the "Haye did nothing to deserve another Klitchko fight after loosing every round against Wladimir" choice?
              Is that really a valid argument? Wladimir and Vitali are two completely different fighters. But if you want to use that as some sort of argument then I'll ask you why did Wladimir fight Samuel Peter in 2010 after Vitali already made him retire on his stool in 2008? Exactly. Because they are two different boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by molinari View Post
                Boxing isn't a tournament or a league, boxing survives by giving the fans fights they want to see, the fans are the ones that judge if someone is deserving.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  Afaik VK's view is that he's tired of Haye turning down his offers.
                  Ok, so what happened to "It's personal, it's not about money."? If that were the case this fight would have been made. But Vittles wants the lions share, options and everything else he can get. We all know to Haye its about the money. So if VK really wants this fight than make him a good offer and than go public with it. This way neither side side can accuse the other of lying.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                    Boxing isn't a tournament or a league, boxing survives by giving the fans fights they want to see, the fans are the ones that judge if someone is deserving.
                    and as a boxing fan, I don't think Haye deserves a Vitali fight. I base this on his non effort vs Wlad

Comment

Working...
                    X