No announcement yet.

The Brady Bunch vs. The Tebow Show

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Check View Post
    People been saying that for a long time and the system is good, but it's about time to give Brady his due. The throw he made to Branch, that's something no system can do. The moment Brady got a star on his team, he set a NFL touchdown record. It's hard to say how good Welker and Gronkowski would be on another team but when Branch went to another team he looked all but done but as soon as he had Brady throwing, he puts up back to back good years.

It's all going to come down to opinion but the numbers are so strong. This NE team has virtually no defense and if they get a ring this year, more will come. Not sure how many MVP's, SB MVP's, numbers Brady is gonna have to put up to get everyone on his side but I'm sold.
    Welker was good in Miami, but nothing near what he has become in New England. Moss had good years with Brady, and nothing in the years before in Oakland and after. Branch went to Seattle and did nothing. He comes back to the Pats, and suddenly he's good again.

I don't get how there are still those that downplay Brady as just being part of a good system. It's ludicrous, it doesn't make any sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Welker was good in Miami, but nothing near what he has become in New England. Moss had good years with Brady, and nothing in the years before in Oakland and after. Branch went to Seattle and did nothing. He comes back to the Pats, and suddenly he's good again.

I don't get how there are still those that downplay Brady as just being part of a good system. It's ludicrous, it doesn't make any sense.

the fact that the receivers had success in new england is just as much of an indication as the system they run, i.e., spread offense and passing the ball 80-85% of the time, as it does the QB. . . if not more. . . miami was a run first offense. . . oakland and seattle were just hot garbage all together. . .

i just look at what cassell did in his first year ever starting. . . welker had the same stats as he had with brady, as he did with cassell. . .

welker gets all of his yards from underneath drag routes out of the slot. . he runs across the middle of the field between the linebackers, while the out receivers stretch the field out, thus opening the middle underneath WIDE OPEN. . . it's like pitch and catch all day. . . and then guess what? when they finally man up welker with a safety, and put another safety on groskowski, it gave moss, branch one on one coverage deep down the sidelines. . .
      Last edited by UglyPug; 01-15-2012, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• but hey, there are definitely more people who agree with you. . i realize im in the minority here. . . but i staunchly defend my position. . .

Comment

• Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
          but hey, there are definitely more people who agree with you. . i realize im in the minority here. . . but i staunchly defend my position. . .
          How can he be a system quarterback when the system he's been in has changed drastically throughout his career, yet he is always excellent?

When he started out they were run heavy, with average at best receivers. He excelled. When they won the two Super Bowls in a row, they were balanced with one good receiver and a very good running back, and Brady excelled. Their highest post season scoring game before the Broncos massacre came in these years.

After the third Super Bowl title they went to a more pass heavy offense, based on using the tight ends as the main weapons, and the receiving corps was terrible. Jabar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell were his best receivers. Yet he still excelled.

Then they get Moss and Welker, go to a pass crazy offense, and the offense is one of the greatest of all time. Moss is gone, they bring in Gronkowski and Hernandez, and the offense has one year where they miss a beat before continuing to be an unbelievable offense again.

The only consistent through all of this is Brady. No matter his weapons, or the way the offense is run, he has always been great. System quarterback? How?

Comment

the fact that the receivers had success in new england is just as much of an indication as the system they run, i.e., spread offense and passing the ball 80-85% of the time, as it does the QB. . . if not more. . . miami was a run first offense. . . oakland and seattle were just hot garbage all together. . .

i just look at what cassell did in his first year ever starting. . . welker had the same stats as he had with brady, as he did with cassell. . .

welker gets all of his yards from underneath drag routes out of the slot. . he runs across the middle of the field between the linebackers, while the out receivers stretch the field out, thus opening the middle underneath WIDE OPEN. . . it's like pitch and catch all day. . . and then guess what? when they finally man up welker with a safety, and put another safety on groskowski, it gave moss, branch one on one coverage deep down the sidelines. . .
            Just an FYI, Moss and Branch didn't play together in NE.

Comment

• Originally posted by sigrab View Post
              Just an FYI, Moss and Branch didn't play together in NE.
              i know, it was just meant that they were both in the out position, and used to stretch the field. . .

Comment

i know, it was just meant that they were both in the out position, and used to stretch the field. . .
                Lemme ask you, that offensive "system" that you're talking about, how come it didn't work too well for Bledsoe and Cleveland where BB first coached?

Comment

Working...
                X