Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So i am curious on your thoughts overall on BHOP, and RJJ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
    Clearly goes to Roy? How does it clearly go to Roy?

Who has been the more consistent one throughout their careers? Bernard Hopkins either dominated fights, had split close split losses, and never got knocked out. Whether in his 20's while he was still learning on the job, in his 30's while in his prime, or his 40's.

He is the greater fighter. Saying that Roy is greater because of what Roy did in his prime is like saying Mike Tyson is a greater Heavyweight than (Insert any great heavyweights name here).

Roy was the greater Athlete though, that one is for certain.
    Didn't i specifically say Bernards legacy clearly outshines that of Roy? I think his career is greater than Roys.

The way Roy dismantled fighters in his prime makes me think he is a better fighter than Bernard. Besides the obvious, that he clearly beat Bernard.

There is a difference between fighting ability and legacy. At his prime, Roy is better than Bernards in his prime.

If Bernard starts losing, and fights into his 50s racking up losses while being shot, does that mean hes less of a fighter?

Comment

Roy went all the way to HW and won the belt. Bhop picked on smaller guys and has a boring dirty style

Roy whooped that ass when they were both prime

Comment

Originally posted by PACATTACK View Post
        Didn't i specifically say Bernards legacy clearly outshines that of Roy? I think his career is greater than Roys.

The way Roy dismantled fighters in his prime makes me think he is a better fighter than Bernard. Besides the obvious, that he clearly beat Bernard.

There is a difference between fighting ability and legacy. At his prime, Roy is better than Bernards in his prime.

If Bernard starts losing, and fights into his 50s racking up losses while being shot, does that mean hes less of a fighter?
        The way that sounds is like you giving Roy Jones a pass for all the fights he lost. I don't. He is younger than Hopkins after all, and from everything I've seen, has been a gym rat just like Hopkins.

Difference being again, Hopkins is the better FIGHTER. Keyword: Fighter, not Athlete. Roy Jones got by on prime athleticism, and did everything opposite in the ring, then what professional trainers would've advised their fighters to do.

Once the reflexes and athleticism started to decline, he started to lose, hence why he isn't the greater fighter. Hopkins has lost reflexes too but it's irrelevant, because he doesn't solely depend on them. But rather on his fundamentals. Even in their prime, he didn't humiliate Hopkins - who was basically still learning on the job, while RJJ was a Olympic Silver (Gold really) Medalist.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
          Roy whooped that ass when they were both prime
          He didn't exactly "whoop that ass", he won. Supposedly with one-arm but it's exaggerated. The real story in that fight was, that Roy Jones was a undefeated Olympic Medalist, basically fighting a former Con Man who just got released from prison a few years ago, and didn't really have any strong Amateur pedigree like Jones did.

That's the equivalent of Andre Ward fighting a 22-1 record guy today. Or Yuriorkis Gamboa fighting a 22-1 guy without a Amateur background. Chances are Ward and Gamboa school or Ko those guys, but Hopkins didn't get dominated or Ko'd, which was a sign of things to come once Hopkins became a little more crafty.

Comment

1. Joe Calzaghe
            2. Bernard Hopkins
            3. Glen Johnson
            4. Roy Jones
            5. James Toney

Joe is the only one not on roids lawlz

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
              1. Joe Calzaghe
              2. Bernard Hopkins
              3. Glen Johnson
              4. Roy Jones
              5. James Toney

Joe is the only one not on roids lawlz
              Cocaine is a performance enhancer.

Comment

roy jones was better imo but hopkins has better longevity.

Comment

Hopkins has the better career hands down. Bernard is a top ten fighter of all time in my opinion. He has fought and beat A-list fighters. Roy made a living fighting and beating C-list fighters. Roy, for whatever reason, never fought any top guys in his prime. The fight with Ruiz was a huge accomplishment. It was a great achievement for him. But, I've never considered Roy a great fighter. He was a great entertainer in the ring with great ability. But still, not a great fighter. He has not defeated enough big named opponents or top fighters in their prime. With the exception of an out of shape James Toney,what other top fighter has he fought and defeated? Hopkins have fought those type of fighters. He has been in the ring and was the underdog and won. He has never put on the performances that Roy has, but his resume is far more superior.

Comment

I favor Roy, but that's just me being biased. I'm a fan of BHop as well, though.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
                      Cocaine is a performance enhancer.
                      lmao..owned!

Comment

Working...
                      X