No announcement yet.

Mariano Rivera is the Greatest Pitcher Ever to Live

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariano Rivera is the Greatest Pitcher Ever to Live

Better than Walter Johnson, Greg Maddux, Pedro Martinez, Sandy Koufax, Randy Johnson, Left Grove...all of them. Mariano is best pitcher we have ever seen and are ever likely to see. He throws one (1) pitch, the hitters know what's coming and it doesn't matter. He just brutalizes them. As close to automatic as you can get, gets even more automatic in the playoffs when it really matters...admire this man work while you can.

No way. Maybe best closer to ever live.

Starters have a much harder job then the closer. I could never put Rivera above people like Clemens, Nolan Ryan, or Steve Carlton.

And tell Rivera to stop wearing #42... pisses me off.

Comment

Rivera is definitely better than Carlton and Ryan, I could understand an argument for Clemens. There are a couple of guys I could justify rating ahead of Rivera...Walter Johnson and Greg Maddux. But those three are like the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit of pitching. You could order them any which way and it would be fine. Just look at his numbers and look at how he performs in the clutch and how he really doesn't seem to be affected by age...he's incredible.

But only maybe the greatest closer ever? Eck and Hoffman don't belong in the same sentence. With Rivera, that is.
      Last edited by BigStereotype; 04-16-2011, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X