Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is berto another HYPE JOB>??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he will dominate in the future. Still too early to tell.

Comment

how about now berto... would you step up and fight williams!! I THINK NOOOOOOOOOOOTT!! ERES UN CAMPEON DE CARTON...

hes good.. but hes far away from being in his peak... 2 green for the elite....

Comment

I'm still waiting for him to fight a top welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
          I don't know how the WBC champion of the world can be considered a prospect or a contender. He is a champion.

Granted he still needs some seasoning, and I think he is close to his maximum potential, he is still a champion.
          He didn't beat anyone to get that belt. It was vacaed by Money May and he fought Miguel Angel Rodriguez for it who was 29-2 with 23 KO's. The only name i recognize on Miguel Angel Rodriguez list is Calros Baldomir and he lost a UD to him back on 5/21/05. Berto has some good weapons speed, body punching, throws combos and has good foot movement. He gives himself angles and put pressure on his opponents. He still need to learn how not to get hit and to pick off punches with his gloves. he lacks head movement and with a puncher no picking off punches and little head movement can get you into trouble. I would like to see him fight a Cintron and see how he does. Cintro doesn;t have great skill but the guy can punch and if Berto make a mistake he will make him pay. he beats a Cintron and maybe fights a Judah or Quintana and wins convicingly I say he is the real deal. right now he is a prospect who was lucky enough to get a shot at a vacated belt. We all know if May hadn't retired that belt would still be qround his waste. With the way Dibella is talking he would have matched Berto with any of the others just yet so he would still beltless and a prospect fellas...Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
            I'm still waiting for him to fight a top welterweight.
            dibella knows this !!

he will get dethroned...

I bet el indio quintana beats him... they are both with lou.... but he will protect him even from his stable mates..

Comment

Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post
              dibella knows this !!

he will get dethroned...

I bet el indio quintana beats him... they are both with lou.... but he will protect him even from his stable mates..
              Quintana would be a good fight for him, Collazo would be good as well, not sure who'd win in those fights, Berto is still a question mark to me.

Comment

Quintana would be a good fight for him, Collazo would be good as well, not sure who'd win in those fights, Berto is still a question mark to me.

END OF THREAD!!!

Comment

What about Cotto? is he not ranked No.2 by the WBC? I am sure Collazo is No.1 but its looking like he wont be able to make the mandatory due to injury.

Does that mean Cotto is the mandatory?

Comment

Originally posted by da_beast View Post
                    What about Cotto? is he not ranked No.2 by the WBC? I am sure Collazo is No.1 but its looking like he wont be able to make the mandatory due to injury.

collazo has an injury>?

Comment

Originally posted by da_beast View Post

I would like to see Berto fight Cotto. I know Cotto would be the favorite but I feel Berto can beat Cotto. Not a easy fight for Cotto to come back to at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X