Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If DLH Struggled with an Old Whitaker...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by $iN View Post
    How could anyone expect him to beat a prime Mayweather?
    hate to break it to you but whitaker wasnt old at that time. he was in his prime. it was after dlh is when he started to go downhill

Comment

If Pernell wasn't past it, why did he lose every single fight following the DLH fight and retire about a year or two later? You think that would happen to a legend in his prime? I don't know if Mayweather is better than Whitaker, but he certainly isn't worse...
      maybe dlh wore him out? whit looked the same to me in that fight then he did in his previous fights

Comment

Originally posted by eazy_mas View Post
        1. Spadafora thing was sparring
        I never mentioned a thing about their sparring affair. I merely pointed out much like Floyd.....Spadafora never beat anyone of note that wasn't completely tailor made for his style.

2. dont give a **** most people care what is the offical thing because after a 10 years from now nobody is going to remeber if it was a close fight or gifted. and DHL had his share of gifted fight too.
        Which fights were gifts? He beat Sturm, he beat Whitaker and he definitely beat Quartey I think the Oscar hating just took everyone picking against him to the next level.

3. Chop Chop was mayweather 1st southpaw and he even stunt Cotto
        What does that have to do with anything? Are you trying to big up Corley as an impressive opponent? Because that's not helping your case.

4. Zab fight agreement happen before his loss to the 18 fight undeafted cab driver who struggle to reach where he is.
        Yeah, and now Judah was what? the pound for pound king? he was knocked down twice with 1 single punch from Tszyu, then followed up his charades with a dropped decision against Spinks who he should have obliterated like he did in the rematch.

5. When Mayweather foguht Zab people complian he should be fighting Baldomir who got the WBC and won the undispute WW champ who was Zab but didnt pay the some of the fees to get the belts
        Well those people are ****ing morons....because Margarito was the person he should have fought. The same Margarito that dispatched one of the hottest prospects in the sport in Cintron.

6. it enough the Mayweather is debuting 154 with lots of rules from DHL like the Reyes gloves, which is a disadvantage for his fragile hand and still people complain why he is not fighing Margarito
        Niiiiicce. So that means Mayweather should get to pick and chose the gloves? since when? is he the draw? no no he's not. Oscar is the one who brings the money to the table so he gets to set the rules. Bar none.

7. Corrales glass chin was not know intell Mayweather showed it to the world but even so he was going toe-to-toe in front of Castillo for 10 rounds
        Once again I never said a damn thing about "glass chin". I was pointing out how stylistically Corrales is tailor made and that coupled with his total lack of defense in the ring. Huge difference than you trying to place text in my post that I never made to get some weird point across.

8. Gatti had a belt to prove he is a champ it was the WBC. He got some power at 140
        By beating who? a seventy five year old blow up Jesse James Leija?

9. usally fighters dont fight that often maybe 4 fight at most
        Right and what about Castillo? Who fights regularly and against a level of opposition that's ridiculous compared to Floyd. In fact based on opponents alone he's fought by far the better. No comparison.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
          OK but you don't think there's any meaningful analogy between Oscar and Baldomir, I hope
          It's just as meaningful as your comparison of Castillo to DLH...

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives

Which fights were gifts? He beat Sturm, .
            Run, Sturm was questionable...

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
              maybe dlh wore him out? whit looked the same to me in that fight then he did in his previous fights
              If anyone was worn out in that fight, it was DLH. Whitaker's prime was in the late 80s-early 90s, not 1997. Next you're going to tell me DLH ruined Chavez too and that he wasn't old either...

Comment

It's just as meaningful as your comparison of Castillo to DLH...

Maybe. But Oscar is a lot better in every conceivable way to Castillo. You don't disagree with that, I hope. No offense to a proven fighter like Castillo, but he's never been on the same level as someone like Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by TRUTH View Post
                  Run, Sturm was questionable...
                  Sure it was questionable, close fight I had Oscar winning by two rounds.

Three simple points:

1. I've always liked Floyd the fighter and I'm not trying to hate on him, I'm just in shock that people can compare him to Whitaker who proved himself time in and time out against other great fighters.

2. The Oscar hate has gone far enough. Now it's at the point where people are totally discrediting who he's beat, and how much skill he's showed in doing it. That's where the Floyd nuthuggerisms just become a fantasy nightmare.

3. Oscar is going to beat Floyd by decision. He's too big and strong and his jab is too good. It's going to look like Mosley/Forrest.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
                    Sure it was questionable, close fight I had Oscar winning by two rounds.

Three simple points:

1. I've always liked Floyd the fighter and I'm not trying to hate on him, I'm just in shock that people can compare him to Whitaker who proved himself time in and time out against other great fighters.

2. The Oscar hate has gone far enough. Now it's at the point where people are totally discrediting who he's beat, and how much skill he's showed in doing it. That's where the Floyd nuthuggerisms just become a fantasy nightmare.

3. Oscar is going to beat Floyd by decision. He's too big and strong and his jab is too good. It's going to look like Mosley/Forrest.
                    I'm picking Floyd but I respect people who pick Oscar because Oscar is the best fighter Floyd has ever faught. They have a legitimate argument. Theres no denying that fact. I do think Oscar has a chance in the fight for sure due to his skill, power, speed and heart.
                    Last edited by Truth; 04-30-2007, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
                      If Mayweather struggled with Castillo, how can anyone expect him to beat DLH?

You can do this **** a hundred ways, SIN.

And a veteran, tricky and still solid Whitaker might have been a tougher opponent for a young DLH than a 154lb Floyd is for a still-young but more experienced DLH. And Whitaker had a better chin and likely more power than Floyd. And Whitaker was at a weight he was comfotable with.
                      There's no proof of that.
                      In fact, there may be proof that Whitaker had the weaker chin. He was floored by rafael Williams & Roger Mayweather, before he won a title. Had his legs buckled by Louie Lomeli. Was floored by a shot, one-armed McGirt.....& was repeatedly dropped by the 140lb Hurtado. Mayweather has never been legitimately floored.

Whitaker.....is one of the greatest fighters, ever. Top 15, in my book. Floyd, isn't there yet.....but could reach it if his ambitions stay high.

Comment

Working...
                      X