Exchange Rates - 1 Australian Dollar worth over 1 US Dollar

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pu$$yKiller View Post
    http://people.hofstra.edu/geotrans/e...ngtraders.html

You import more than you export. 500 Billion is the difference.

This really does not have much to do with our conversation, we are the country with the biggest buying capacity, so naturally we are gonna buy a lot of ****, obviously not too great, but it is rather irrelevant to the point I am trying to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
      you are absolutely right on your last point BUT what the **** do we import from Australia? Their ****ty beer? Thats about everything they make. But we sell them a lot of stuff like our cars, appliances, etc. Most of what we import comes from china, and they make their currency artificially weak so we can buy a lot of their crap. Then, ofcourse, there is japan, this is huge when it comes to high end tech goods like TVs, cellhpones, ets but their currency is also much weaker then ours, so they are riding our dollars hard. So, these are two countries that we cant really sell much to, because they are largely self-sufficient when it comes to technology BUT they dont produce enough of food and buy a lot of it from us, no matter the price. However, the rest of developed world is on EURO and Pound, so we are riding them hard when it comes to exports.
      Yes it is true that China does that and they have had much hate.

Australia is near Japan and China, I pretty much believe they will import from there.

The US has high salaries comapred to China, and China and Taiwan produce a lot fo technology.

Comment

Australia doesn't even import 500 Billion worth a year. It is good to get busienss, but when you import more, you want your currency to be strong.

Simple as that.
        ONly in the communist world. If you care one bit about your own businesses, the ones that pay you taxes, if you care about all the people that work for these companies, that also pay you taxes, you want a cheap dollar. Imports are not as important.

Comment

Yes it is true that China does that and they have had much hate.

Australia is near Japan and China, I pretty much believe they will import from there.

The US has high salaries comapred to China, and China and Taiwan produce a lot fo technology.
          Yes, but you forget that US is a genious at selling "air". we sell them our debt.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            i told him.

plus we already picked out our loft across the street from that catholic all girl school.
            Aye, The Stella Maris College. I've set me feckin' sights on that so I have.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
              This really does not have much to do with our conversation, we are the country with the biggest buying capacity, so naturally we are gonna buy a lot of ****, obviously not too great, but it is rather irrelevant to the point I am trying to prove.
              True, maybe the US probably doesn't bring much from Australia.

Comment

Working...
              X