Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michael Conlan's Pro Run Will Follow The Miguel Cotto Blueprint

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
    Theres a reason Shakur signed with TR and not Haymon/PBC....its cause they know how to promote and develop young talent into becoming stars. Your hate for certain promoters and their fighters is hilarious and only shows your bias and ignorance kid
    I STATED MY OPINION THAT I HOPE TOP PRANK GIVES STEVENSON THE SAME LEVEL OF PROMOTION AS CONLAN.... IF YOU SAW HATE IN THAT COMMENT YOU ARE ******ED

Comment

Interesting....

Top Rank have such faith in him they have already booked the Garden's theatre out for the coming five years in anticipation of his popularity growing
      "When you realise how many Irish are in New York, it's very fitting his pro debut is going to be at Madison Square Garden on St Patrick's Day weekend. That'll be his day going forward."

Comment

Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
        I STATED MY OPINION THAT I HOPE TOP PRANK GIVES STEVENSON THE SAME LEVEL OF PROMOTION AS CONLAN.... IF YOU SAW HATE IN THAT COMMENT YOU ARE ******ED
        I see it in ALL your posts kid. Same stuff regurgitated over and over, kinda like a stutter. Everyone knows how you feel, not sure why you need to repeat so many times. Its almost like youre the child not being listened to, kinda weird

Comment

I see it in ALL your posts kid. Same stuff regurgitated over and over, kinda like a stutter. Everyone knows how you feel, not sure why you need to repeat so many times. Its almost like youre the child not being listened to, kinda weird
          YOU SOUND LIKE A TOP PRANK INTERN.... HOPE I DIDNT HURT YOUR LITTLE FEELINGS BUDDY...

Comment

Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
            Look him up on YouTube.

Conlan has won gold medals in every elite amateur championships.besides the gold in Rio...

Think lomachenko, that is the level of quality conlan has and has competed against, almost identical amateur careers in terms of medals won.
            i have done and wasn't massively impressed. he's very good but i don't see great.
            an olympic bronze and a olympic tantrum is very far from two golds
            almost identical indeed.
            actually, no, really no.

he's good, but i feel he's definitely overhyped

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
              He's one of Ireland's most successful ever amateurs and passes the eye test with flying colours at least

I wonder if he's chinny like his brother though
              he looks good but not great would be my estimation. yet he's being promoted like he's great. he's gonna make people some good money so that's what that is about

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
                Overrated?
                There aren't many overrated fighters in amateur boxing since they always face the best and Conlan is an olympic bronze medalist and the current world champion.
                i think from reading the article that he is being overrated. i don't think he's near good enough to justify the hype they're giving it. very good but not great.
                ramirez who schooled him in london perhaps i could understand such treatment for, because he really is talented and exciting, but conlan i really don't think is as special as his treatment and promotion would imply

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
                  i have done and wasn't massively impressed. he's very good but i don't see great.
                  an olympic bronze and a olympic tantrum is very far from two golds
                  almost identical indeed.
                  actually, no, really no.

he's good, but i feel he's definitely overhyped
                  He is only 25, he is a world amateur champion, European gold and silver medalist, commonwealth gold if you wanna throw that in 2, and bronze medalist in London who he lost to, Robeisy Ramírez who is an unbelievable fighter from Cuba who beat shakur Stevenson at rio.

Conlan turns professional as a 2015 European and world champion, the same as GGG only GGG won in Asia games and a lot older...

Now time will tell how good he will be, but this "hype" comes from the same "hype" that GGG got/has, and the same "hype" as lomachenko got....
                  Their is no doubt his outburst helped along, but either way their was going to be a thing about him turning pro anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
                    YOU SOUND LIKE A TOP PRANK INTERN.... HOPE I DIDNT HURT YOUR LITTLE FEELINGS BUDDY...
                    ^^^^^
                    Says the kid who di.ckrides a certain promoter. I see through your charade kid.

Comment

^^^^^
                      Says the kid who di.ckrides a certain promoter. I see through your charade kid.
                      GIVING PROPS TO THE PROMOTER THAT HAS KEPT BOXING ALIVE IN AMERICA THE PAST 2 YEARS? THATS WHAT YOU MEAN....

THE ONLY PROMOTER IN THE WORLD WHO HAS GIVEN SO MUCH HIGH LEVEL FREE BOXING TO FANS.... THATS WHO YOU MEAN....

I CAN TELL THE DEMISE OF TOP PRANK IS BURNING YOU UP INSIDE.... THAT INTERNSHIP AT THAT DYING RAT SHIP WONT TAKE YOU ANYWHERE SO I UNDERSTAND YOUR PAIN LIL BUDDY....

ALSO I DONT LIKE GIVING PROPS TO PROMOTERS LIKE ROB ARUM WHO HAVE BEEN INVESTIGATED BY THE FBI FOR FIXING FIGHTS, FOR PAYING FIGHTERS TO TAKE DIVES OR FOR HAVING WAKE WEIGH IN WITH FIXED WEIGHING MACHINES!

GOOGLE IS VERY EASY TO USE IF YOU WANT TO READ ABOUT THE MULTIPLE FBI AND JUSTICE DEPARTMENT INVESTIGATIONS INTO THOSE DIRTY SNAKES OVER AT TOP PRANK...

LIKE I SAID BEFORE, RIP TOP PRANK.....

Comment

Working...
                      X