No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guillermo Rigondeaux Breaks Jazza Dickens' Jaw For TKO Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... He also landed a big overhand right in the 1st...
    Exactly, plus the biased commentators were giving Dicken's credit for landing when he was clearly missing. You could see in real time that Jazza was missing, didn't even need a replay. After he got hit in the 1st round, Jazza pretty much was afraid to throw. We saw why in the 2nd. KO'ing cats, breaking jaws, but he's boring? It's not his fault that opponents get gun shy.

Comment

• Felt sorry for Dickens there. What with the visa problems first time around, then this fight ending quickly. It was a big deal for him.
      An uneventful 2 rounds but the punch that landed did damage. They probably did the right thing pulling him out, as you don't want to be fighting someone like Rigo with a broken jaw.

I'm sure Dickens would jump at the chance of a rematch, as he's one of the guys who actually stood up and took the fight. Many wouldn't.

I'd like to see Rigo come over here and fight again, he seemed keen. I'm not sure who he would face though.
      If Rigo has trouble getting fights as usual, then Warren could try get him to fight over here ala Tete. That would be cool.

Comment

• Would love to see Rigo become a permanent fixture in the UK.

You better believe he would get big support in the UK if he begins fighting here, tremendous talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          ... He also landed a big overhand right in the 1st...
          Yes, but he landed so few punches, that left was practically all he landed. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by KeyboardWarrior View Post
            I thought Rigo was ripe for the picking and here he looks so sharp he broke that fellas grill with one shot.

....and the notoriety grows
            Honestly, I don't think Rigo looked so sharp. Small sample, but other than that big left, I didn't think anything of his performance. His defining moment, in my opinion, was the Donaire fight. On that night, Rigo was razor-sharp.

Comment

• Rigo number 1 P4P. Without a question!

Comment

• Rigondeaux making 122 a barren wasteland single handedly. I've said it for years he is the boogeyman. Maybe the sanctioning bodies should start embarrassing people by mandating them to fight Rigo then blast their ass when they reject set an example for cowards everywhere.

Comment

• Our father thou art in heaven Rigo be thy name
                  Sweet Pea 50
                  Last edited by -PBP-; 07-16-2016, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• The fight was boring. I'm a fan of the sweet science, but it wouldn't hurt Rigondeaux to put some seasoning on a tentative opponent.

Comment

• Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                      The fight was boring. I'm a fan of the sweet science, but it wouldn't hurt Rigondeaux to put some seasoning on a tentative opponent.
                      A two round fight was boring? I've seen a few boring Rigo fights, but this one was just too short to fall into that category.

Comment

Working...
                      X