Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's with all the "Guerrero deserves the shot against Floyd"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
    is that like when Floyd chose to fight oscar and Hatton over Margarito?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    Floyd was being praised back then for making "smart business decisions". All of a sudden Floyd fans want Floyd to fight who's deserving rather than who is the "smartest business decision".

In my opinion, Canelo is the bigger event and poses a bigger threat to Floyd over the wild, wide punching brawler Guerrero.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
      The Ortiz win was more credible though as Berto was undefeated.
      Maybe so to a degree but I was just trying to make the point that there is a factual record of Floyd fighting the guy that beat Berto. Saying that beating Berto is meaningless with regards to "earning" a Floyd fight can be refuted using something more substantial, more concrete than a mere opinion......if one were so inclined to be technical about it.

Comment

So what if he fights people that beats Berto? Lol people have been reading G.leon scripts too much.

Comment

And Guerrero might give Floyd more trouble than Canelo because of his southpaw stance and awkwardness. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he did.

Comment

@negro

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
            is that like when Floyd chose to fight oscar and Hatton over Margarito?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
            I know, seriously man. Floyd ducked the entire elite WW division and waited for Manny Pacquiao to clean house and wipe em' out.

Floyd is a good fighter to me, he just blantantly wouldn't fight the best.

I'll still take Manny over Floyd if the fight ever happens.

Triangle Theories don't work, and Floyd didn't fight the JMM juiced and PED'd up that Manny did, so let's not say Floyd automatically wins, because he doesn't.

Comment

What did JMM do to deserve a shot and jump 2 weight classes to fight Floyd when at that time there was Berto pwill Ortiz and the obvious PAC?
              End of thread good nite

Comment

at chuck

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                What did JMM do to deserve a shot and jump 2 weight classes to fight Floyd when at that time there was Berto pwill Ortiz and the obvious PAC?
                End of thread good nite
                It was blatant cherrypicking by Floyd. It was also his best 'business decision' at that point in time. The mexican fan base is the biggest in the world, and it helped Floyd get another million+ PPV, which he always attributes to himself of course. Even though we all know JMM was half that PPV.

Same thing can be said about May/Cotto doing a million plus.

When Floyd fights a second teir opponent, he makes sure Goldenboy has a good undercard so those million plus PPV numbers keep coming lol.

There better be a good undercard if Floyd is gonna fight Guerrero next, because Guerrero doesn't bring PPV fans at all.

Canelo will definately be the other half of the PPV, regardless of if their fighting eachother or not.

Comment

Floyd/Guerrero will make less than the Ortiz/Floyd fight.

I'm not buying this fight. Me and my buddies will find a way to see it for free or pay less. Go to a pub or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                    End of thread good nite
                    Wouldn't you rather see the more deserving opponent get the fight? Guerrero recently jumped two divisions and beat guys at 147, which should give him a leg up over Marquez using your logic.

Boxing is a business, but it is also a sport, so I do want to see guys who have worked their way up to get the big fights

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Comment

@Mathed

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Now turn your argument to Canelo.....you will instantly see the Canelo has done zilch to deserve the fight nor the acclaim he receives.

Canelo beat Lopez - the guy that beat the guy that beat Berto, so if he is worthy in your eyes to fight Floyd, it must follow that beating Berto or anyone who has beaten Berto or beaten the guy that beat the guy that beat Berto, makes you worthy to fight Floyd. The central point of your argument is in congruence with this pattern as well, ergo you agree with what I've just stated.

Ortiz beat Berto, who did Floyd fight next? EXACTLY
                      Yes, I do agree with you.

I actually don't even want to see Mayweather/Canelo either.

Sergio Martinez has said he is down for the 150 catchweight. This is the fight I want to see. Sergio at 150 is a weight drained skeleton. But at 150, Floyd is fully hydrated and in peak physical condition.

That being said, all advantages would go to Floyd. That being said, if I was in Vegas, I would bet my house Sergio KO's Floyd ala Paul Williams by the tenth round.

That is exactly why Floyd will continue to duck Sergio.

Our only junk choices seem to be Canelo/Guerrero.

What happened to the best fighting the best? This is killing the sport of boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X