Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggie is not a great or one of the greatest ever. That' a slap to 2 Pac's face.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• A lot of good points im this thread. I prefer big (im not gonn jump around because it makes the discussion stupid, this isnt about nas/face/kool g/ijsert other great rapper here). I listen to Pac and Big and feel an argument can be made by anyone who wants to include either in their top 5.

Here is a broad perception that does have exceptions but works fOr me.

Pac took well established west coast gangster culture and formulates it. He says much of the same stuff over and over again that was "passed down" from older rap cats like quik/eight/atl/spice 1/some other bay area emcees who's name is escapijg me, but he had a perm.

Big builds on the nyc style but he more created a style as opposed to adding to a previous style. No one had the complexity, creative gangster ****, funny ****, that biggie came with which was hard and could be flipped up to sound smooth.
      Biggie is a genius on the mic.

Big only had about 2.5 albums of recorded music, true and a good point. But personally, for me, its all about what percentage of your music is mindblowing. Big had a higher percentage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        A lot of good points im this thread. I prefer big (im not gonn jump around because it makes the discussion stupid, this isnt about nas/face/kool g/ijsert other great rapper here). I listen to Pac and Big and feel an argument can be made by anyone who wants to include either in their top 5.

Here is a broad perception that does have exceptions but works fOr me.

Pac took well established west coast gangster culture and formulates it. He says much of the same stuff over and over again that was "passed down" from older rap cats like quik/eight/atl/spice 1/some other bay area emcees who's name is escapijg me, but he had a perm.

Big builds on the nyc style but he more created a style as opposed to adding to a previous style. No one had the complexity, creative gangster ****, funny ****, that biggie came with which was hard and could be flipped up to sound smooth.
        Biggie is a genius on the mic.

Big only had about 2.5 albums of recorded music, true and a good point. But personally, for me, its all about what percentage of your music is mindblowing. Big had a higher percentage.
        My brother freom another mnother what happened to you long time no see big homie.

Comment

• Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
          My brother freom another mnother what happened to you long time no see big homie.

Too much **** was going on, but im getting myself back to normal. Worst part was tangling with uncle sam (which isnt over yet).

Comment

• BIG >>>> Pac

Comment

• I've always preferred BIG over Pac.

Comment

• Pac is/was a very overrated lyricist. Big is better and it isn't even close. What Pac had over Biggie was the charisma, the presence. He was the kind of guy that all eyes were on him when he walked in to a room, he had star power.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  Pac is/was a very overrated lyricist. Big is better and it isn't even close. What Pac had over Biggie was the charisma, the presence. He was the kind of guy that all eyes were on him when he walked in to a room, he had star power.
                  Pretty much sums it up for me...

Comment

• I'm more of a guy whom preferr concious thoughts, substance, real life, up lifting raps. Pac , whom was very controversial at times. Made hip hop classics, NAS and Pac I choosr. Now biggie was a story teller, he had better metaphors and punch lines than Pac, bit to me biggie story telling was more fictional than fact. Like lil Wayne good punch line metaphoric rapper, but lacks overall substance. Now biggie is by far ahead of lio Wayne. I'm just giving an example. What I mean by classics and what the community can relate too, brendas got a baby, keep your head up, dear mamma, so many tears, just to name a few. Now biggie was more about tony Montana status, drug dealing, lavish life style...etc

Comment

• bigbig
                      bigbig
                      bigbig
                      bigbig
                      bigbig
                      bigbigbigbig
                      bigbigbigbig

Comment

Working...
                      X