No announcement yet.

Nick diaz wants anderson silva

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick diaz wants anderson silva

According to a release from HDNet, Gracie has stated that unless UFC President Dana White offered Diaz a bout with UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, Diaz's next bout would take place in a boxing ring. When asked if bouts with the UFC's top welterweight contenders might sway Diaz to postpone his boxing bout, Gracie was frank in his response.

“Remember when Anderson Silva wanted to fight GSP at a catchweight? Why not fight Nick Diaz at a catch-weight? Nick will go up to 178 tomorrow,” said Gracie. “GSP would be the guy [Diaz would want to fight at welterweight]. But GSP is fighting [Diaz's teammate] Jake Shields [at UFC 129], and Nick thinks that Jake is going to beat him. So why would Nick be in the welterweight division?”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WofqmWpXJZ8

Comment

Maybe he could fight BJ Penn, I'd like to see that and it should interest both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
        Maybe he could fight BJ Penn, I'd like to see that and it should interest both of them.
        Yeah, I was thinking BJ and Nick could be the next coaches of TUF and the winner fights GSP.....

Comment

They both are kind of similar in size. Nick is 6'1 and with a 74 inch reach. silva is 6'2 with a 77 inch reach. Both are similar in that they focus mostly in striking and bjj with little wrestling in the way. Silvas striking is way better. As far as the bjj, I guess nick has a little edge? Silva's bjj looks good, though.

Comment

Nick would get Leben'd.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
              Yeah, I was thinking BJ and Nick could be the next coaches of TUF and the winner fights GSP.....
              I like the way you just wrote off Shields... Don't bet money on that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Beelzebub View Post
                You see Sheilds taking it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Beelzebub View Post
                  So you're betting on Sheilds striking? Or thinking he's a better wrestler than Kos or Fitch? Maybe it's ability to not finish people he has mounted for 4 rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                    Ha. Nick coaching fighters. That'll be the day.

Nick is just chasing a big paycheck. That's all he wants and that's all he cares about. He thinks he's going to just mosey on into boxing and get paid like a top earner. I question whether Nick is even in control of his own career or aware of what is going on. It seems Nick only knows what Cesar Gracie tells him. Which isn't surprising. I can't imagine someone as ******ed as Diaz managing his own career without completely running it into the ground.

Comment

Working...
                    X