Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some people call Davis the next Broner, but I think hes much more talented.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
    What the hell are you talking about man? If you don't think Walters, Rigo, and Linares are elite fighters then you have issues.
    You are a funny guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
      Two guys with no good wins between them ^
      Wins against cans, like Lomachencho just did, doesn't impress anyone except fanboys.

His resume is crap. He should step it up.

Comment

Not fair to call him Broner yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
          Wins against cans, like Lomachencho just did, doesn't impress anyone except fanboys.

His resume is crap. He should step it up.
          You gotta stop being a troll bro

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
            Two guys with no good wins between them ^
            He should dare to fight them. Talk is cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
              The topic went from Tank is not as bad as Broner (sounds positive). To Tank is more like Judah ( sounds negative). Until you realize that they're practically the same. Both are talented, but didn't reach their full potential, because of problems inside and outside the ring. The topic ended with Tank resorts to fouling whenever he faces any adversity.

This was basically a thread to talk BS about Tank who happens to be the main potential rival to Lomachenko, who is probably the TS's favorite fighter.
              I mean, Judah has achieved a lot more than Tank yet. When projecting Tank's career, do I have to compare him only to ATG's already? I dont hide my opinion that Tank is a little overrated, but not Broner overrated. Another poster said both rely on power but Tank has much better feet than Broner, and faster hands. However, he's still protected, he still has other flaws they are protecting, like Broner's defense, despite the bad footwork, is better.

That's why I'm saying, don't underrate Tank and call him Broner, but don't overrate Tank because what does he have that Zab Judah didn't? And are there maybe other similarities too?

No one else had thought of the Judah comparison and shared it with the world, that I've seen. Im sure others have thought of it, but I never saw anyone bring it up. So I was just trying to share a thought I had because I thought it was actually sort of an intelligent comparison. I was watching Judah highlights and I was like man, this is basically a faster Tank Davis. So I dont hide Im a Loma fan, and I think Tank is overrated, but I also think there is merit to my post, and Im not trying to troll. I didnt wake up and go "let's troll about Tank." I was just watching Judah highlights, I thought of it, and I wanted to share it with others and talk about it with boxing fans, so I posted it on a boxing forum.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                He should dare to fight them. Talk is cheap.
                Agreed. Tank needs to dare to fight the P4P #1 Loma. We know Loma will fight anyone. Dude fought two better guys in his 2nd and 3rd pro fights than anyone Tank has fought his entire career. The responsibility is on Tank to prove he wants the fight, not Loma. Loma has already proven it many times. Especially since Tank's own team admitted they don't want the Loma fight, and won't allow it to happen, it's on Tank to go public and leave his team and go with a team who will let him fight top opponents, if that's what he wants.

But we all know Tank doesn't want it. Tank is a fake just like his mentor. He said he only fought Pedraza because he was "forced" by Floyd so if you think he's going to go anywhere near someone who dominated Pedraza and knocked him down twice, you're dreaming. It's not really Tank's team protecting Tank like some people say, I think it's really just Tank who is afraid. PBC fans always said, if the fighter wants to challenge themselves, Al will let them. They said Al just gives his fighters choices. An easy opponent for low money, or a top opponent for high money, etc etc, and lets them choose.

Well if that's the case, then that tells you it's Tank who is scared to fight the best. He must just not have the mentality of a champion. Mental weakness, lack of self believe, who knows. Or maybe he just knows his own ability. You're a casual boxing fan so you get easily fooled by handspeed and highlight KOs vs C-level guys. Remember Erickson Lubin doing the sweet pea move on that Argentinian and dropping him? That was sweet. Remember Javier Fortuna absolutely destroying that dude on ESPN? Dude looked even more explosive vs Tank when he was fighting that low level of opposition like Tank fights.

But when they fight even B-level guys their size, you see the reality of the situation. Well guess what, Tank and his team actually see him in sparring. They actually know what it looks like, and how exposed Tank would be at the top level. But I guess they figured out, as long as they have dumb casual fans like you watching, they can make a lot of money so long as they don't let you see the truth or let you figure out what they already know, that Tank is half a good talent, but also half illusion. There is too much to gain from beating Loma right now not to take the fight if they actually thought Tank would do it, but they must know Tank is just flash, no substance, and that he isn't a true champion like Lomachenko.

Remember what happened to Gary Russell Jr, the first fighter you hyped up to Loma's level. That should have been a learning experience for you. Tank is a 130 pound Gary Russell Jr, another good comparison. Surprised you haven't been able to see that either.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                  I mean, Judah has achieved a lot more than Tank yet. When projecting Tank's career, do I have to compare him only to ATG's already? I dont hide my opinion that Tank is a little overrated, but not Broner overrated. Another poster said both rely on power but Tank has much better feet than Broner, and faster hands. However, he's still protected, he still has other flaws they are protecting, like Broner's defense, despite the bad footwork, is better.

That's why I'm saying, don't underrate Tank and call him Broner, but don't overrate Tank because what does he have that Zab Judah didn't? And are there maybe other similarities too?

No one else had thought of the Judah comparison and shared it with the world, that I've seen. Im sure others have thought of it, but I never saw anyone bring it up. So I was just trying to share a thought I had because I thought it was actually sort of an intelligent comparison. I was watching Judah highlights and I was like man, this is basically a faster Tank Davis. So I dont hide Im a Loma fan, and I think Tank is overrated, but I also think there is merit to my post, and Im not trying to troll. I didnt wake up and go "let's troll about Tank." I was just watching Judah highlights, I thought of it, and I wanted to share it with others and talk about it with boxing fans, so I posted it on a boxing forum.
                  Ok thanks for clarifying. I still don't see the comparison between the 3. I guess in terms of styles he's more like Broner. The both kinda stay in the pocket and bang.

Judah had really quick feet. He can get in and out of range with relative ease. He also had really fast hands. I think he was faster than Mayweather with his feet and had faster hands. Tank is probably between Broner and Judah in terms of speed.

Judah and Broner had concentration issues but I haven't seen it as a detriment for Tank yet. Go watch the Pedraza fight again. Tank will be a problem for anyone you put infront of him. I also don't think he's overrated. We haven't seen him face any kind of adversity to make that claim. The one fight he "struggled" you knew it was only a matter of time before he would step up his offense and get the guy out of there. Before that he was going through the motions. You might not like how it ended but you know it was going to end with a victory for Tank and probably would be a stoppage either way.

Comment

The thing is Broner was talented too. He didn't get to be a 4 division champ just for no reason, he blazed a trail through those lower weights against solid fighters and looked great doing it. I think his career went off the rails around the same time his life did, and I don't think those two things are unrelated. One minute he has too much money to know what to do with, so he thinks he's unstoppable and starts acting the clown, then he's getting arrested, hammered with about a dozen lawsuits and court summons at once. That's gotta interfere with your training and screw with your mental state in the ring. If Davis keeps going the same way then I can easily see his in-ring performance suffering in the same manner.

Comment

Working...
                    X