This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ralex View Post
    yeah I'm with you. I have no problem with blacks cheering for blacks or Mexicans cheering for Mexicans, whites cheering for whites etc..
    People don’t understand that people are tribal they stick together when they have similarities in culture, race, ethnicity, language or other things. Just look at Africa in a way all of them are Black but the culture is different so they divide into certain tribes speak different languages and have different culture someone from the outside looks at them As just black but from someone from the inside they can tell the difference between them. The same is everywhere in this world!

Comment

Comment

Tribalism sells. especially in boxing. when a mexican fights a puerto rican the promoters fully utilize tribalism to sell tickets. its an unwritten rule that you support your own. except when you know the opposite tribal member personally. for example Andre Ward openly rooted for Guerrero to beat Floyd because they damn near grew up together and have history.

Comment

There's enough black on brown crime as it is with all the black guys taking the finest mexican ass, so a brother knocking out Mikey is just icing on the cake.

Comment

Wow.

Mares is daring to be great as well, according to Schaefer.

Will there be racial tension in that fight as well?

Comment

Originally posted by El Ondeado View Post
              The man is a 4 division champion so of course he is great in his own way/mind. If Gatti is a hall famer I for sure foresee Mikey a a future hall of famer! Also He fights for a living of course he is arrogant, he has too, if you don’t have no self belief in Boxing Day bye bye to your career. It’s not like he is a aśśhole to his fans and I have actually meet Mikey in person and he is far from what your saying! Similar to Spence a quiet respectful person but carries himself with swag and arrogance but never disrespectful so I don’t buy that arrogance thing!if you think Mikey is arrogant...do you find Charlo, Wilder arrogant? Just a question? In boxing you pick and choose your battles you can’t face everybody fans want you to face! Gamboa was high risk low reward type of fight in that moment similar to !Joshua vs Wilder! so that why Gamboa fight didn’t happen but look at how Gamboa career ended! And now look at Mikey’s! And the Crawford situation is from them having friendly beef since the amateur a fight that will never happen cause of bob arum unless the fight is big enough!

I just curious. Who are you favorite fighters?
              charlos got what they deserved over the weekend biggest hype jobs. Wilder has terrible form but he is always dangerous, u have to respect that. My all time favorite fighter is Juan Manuel Marquez Mexico's best. Current best fighter lomachenko, Terrance Crawford, Tyson fury, gallito estrada

Comment

This is a stretch. Can two great boxers just fight and beat themselves up for our entertainment and that be all?

Comment

Cool! I’m cool with that! I’m from H-Town but if Charlo fights Canelo. I’ll always root for the Mexican unless he’s on some weirdo shît. Do you think African Americans from Cali will support Mikey Garcia just cause he is from California? But to each its own! Also ain’t Desoto like majority black city? Is their a lot of Mexicans in the Dallas area like Houston? Have you heard of Vergil Ortiz what are your thoughts on him?
                  Living in Cali for the past 5 years I've seen a huge difference with that. Mexicans support Mexicans out here. Which is cool, but I'm a hometown kid. That's why Spence and Vergil Ortiz are two of my favorites right now. I'll always support them. I went to Grand Prairie High School with Vergil's pop. He was 2 or 3 grades ahead of me. Fought our principal too. Mr. Harrison lol

Desoto is right there with Duncanville, Cedar Hill and Lancaster. A large black population, but right down the road you have Grand Prairie (Vergil's hometown), OakCliff and Arlington. Tons of Hispanics in that area.

Comment

Just look online/youtube! Certain Spence fans are claiming Mikey is racist, cheating, and want him beat bad! They are always talking **** about Mexican fans also!
                    You're talking about the Broner picture??

Comment

Wait so if Mikey is arrogant what is Spence?

Comment

Working...
                      X