Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Was Winning Bellew vs Usyk Before the KO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    I don’t agree with any of that. Bellew never looked dangerous. Never gave Usyk a hard time.

and he was hitting his hooks more in the later rounds because he adjusted and started throwing them from an awkward angle that Tony didn’t even see them coming from. That’s why the KO shots were so devestating.
    Bellew got him a couple times with that right to the body. Bellew made the mistake by staying on the ropes. It was where usyk was catching him.

Comment

...does it matter? He was Knocked Out

Bellew started off well then Usyk patiently waited and got him out

Comment

yeah, I'm getting tired of the constant "Boxer A was boxing his ears off until he got caught"

****ing go watch Amateur boxing if you want to watch point scoring. Knock outs are part of the sport, and they aren't a fluke.
        You just mad usyk was losing UNTIL the K.O.

Comment

I had Usyk slightly edging ahead before the KO. However, I can respect the other posters who just may disagree with me.

Comment

Even without the KO, Bellew was unlikely to win another round. Tony gave it his best shot, his best bet was to start fast and hope for a ko or at least a kd or two. When he failed to do either I think his effort was doomed to disappointment.

Comment

ya'll kill me with that who was ahead on the cards before getting ko'd mess

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                ... Bellew landed the "more telling power punches" in the first half...
                It appears as though Usyk was about to be GGG'd before the KO. Jabs don't count unless the under dog land them now days

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
                  i thought about 4-3 either way going into the 8th. Hardly matters though, Bellew was never going to win another second of the fight by that point.

He used everything he had just to match Usyk's first gear.
                  Good way to put it. I had the same impression.
                  Last edited by Boxing Goat; 11-12-2018, 12:27 PM.

Comment

or how Amir Khan was boxing Canelo to death until he got caught with a lucky punch. I Can probably come up with 5 other examples if I tried.
                    That's the problem right there, khan wasn't "boxing Canelo to death."

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                      The British crowd was extremely biased. Usyk was blocking a lot of shots but the fans basically cheered at anything that looked like a power punch...
                      Exactly. UK fight crowds are always like that. They go crazy when their guy even throws a punch, whether it actually connects or not. The judges are right there in the crowd, and they are human beings, not computers.

In a fight with a lot of close, difficult to score rounds, a noisy, partisan crowd can have a significant effect on the scoring, not just in the UK, but anywhere in the world.

Comment

Working...
                      X