Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you rank Canelo among the greatest Mexican boxers of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where would you rank Canelo among the greatest Mexican boxers of all time?

If he were to retire right now where would you place him on this list top10,top5,top3,best ?

MAB, DLH, Chavez, Salvador Sanchez, JMM, Morales, Ricardo Lopez, Ruben Olivares, Carlos Zarate'

He doesn’t even sniff the top ten. For one thing, two of his best “wins” were robberies—GGG & Lara, after that his best win was when he outweighed Cotto by about 20+ lbs while likely on CLEN.

Comment

He is nowhere near the ATG list. He could pass for a poor man’s Delahoya at best.

Comment

I can see him being top 10 by the end of his career.

I had GGG beating Canelo and DLH beating Tito. But going by official results Canelo is already above DLH (who isn't Mexican born/raised like the others on your list).

Comment

What did Chavez really do?

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            Chávez holds the records for the most total successful defenses of world titles (27, shared with Omar Narváez), most title fight victories and fighters beaten for the title (both at 31), and most title fights (37); he has the second most title defenses won by knockout (21, after Joe Louis with 23).

Comment

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
              Chávez holds the records for the most total successful defenses of world titles (27, shared with Omar Narváez), most title fight victories and fighters beaten for the title (both at 31), and most title fights (37); he has the second most title defenses won by knockout (21, after Joe Louis with 23).
              Who were the best defenses?

Comment

How is Hoya even Mexican?

Comment

Who were the best defenses?
                  Go look it up and make a thread so we can discuss it.

Comment

You have really bad taste in boxers. You hate GGG and now you ask what did Chavez really do? Chavez was one of the best boxers in history and a serious boxing fan should at least know something about his excellence in the ring. What he did was win his first 86 pro fights in a row against strong competition winning many world titles in 3 weight class. Winning his first 86 pro fights is something no other boxer in history has ever done.
                    I think he went to 86 pro fight wins before losing and I am sure the number was in the 80s.

Comment

Working...
                    X