Collapse
No announcement yet.

if lampley and merchant were racist during hbo telecasts show proof

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a Muslim myself, I don't think Lampley was racist. The whole Naseem Hamed incident was that Lampley didn't like Naseem to begin with and was just culturally insensitive at most, not racist. Don't forget he liked Amir Khan and was teary eyed speaking about Ali. He wanted Naseem to lose since the Kelley fight and didn't like his antics and got carried away (as he does) when Barrera was clearly winning.

It was funny when they mixed up names, though....I remember Merchant calling a fighter Roy when Roy was commentating or Tompkins saying Merchant is in the ring now with Ray (SRL) who was standing next to him (when he meant Tyson). They weren't racist insomuch as just old men who didn't interact with a lot of black people.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
      A lot of Mexicans fighters have cheered for Floyd over a Mexican or for ggg over a Mexican.

Now if you look at the ufc crowd which is something like 80% white they root for race and nothing else, the white American crowd will root for a Russian over an African American or Mexican American just because their white.

And a black american would root for an afro-latino ( like rigo) over a white american just because their black. Its ok for every race EXCEPT whites to root for their race. This racist double standard needs to end.

And Most mexicans cant stand floyd.

Comment

Jim lampley “Kirkland needs to go ghetto on them” paraphrasing but 😂 ****ing bigot

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          Not racist but i remember during the Barrera fight Lampley was making fun of Naseem and bringing up his religion.
          oh yeah lol its was funny cause foreman took offense to it, I think lampley just over excited and ran off at the mouth and crossing the line by treating naseem reliqion lesser than.

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          This like a mfer.

I don't recall Larry ever saying anything outright racist or even something that could be confused as racist really, but he always seemed to find reasons to like more white fighters & find reasons to dislike more black fighters. He'd switch things up here & there by really liking a black fighter, but it was a rare occurrence as I recall it.

Mainly I just hated Merchant for trying to make some book comparison to the fight we just watched. He was always trying to show how cultured he was or trying to hard to be some 4th rate Norman Mailer.
          I think merchant just comes from a different time, today people try to make it seem like a bad thing cause you root for your race, or nation etc and try to paint you with the same brush they paint racist etc and that just isnt the case. This is what happened with larry, he comes from an era where people rooted for a fighter based on their race etc and it was okay but fast forward to today people are pussies and captain save a hoe ass types now so larry didnt fit in so he got a bad rep.

"oh larry didnt think mayweather looked like mike tyson, hes a racist, lets boycott him" - weak ass minded fags.

Comment

Of course they're racists

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
              I don’t remember Lampley saying anything but Larry would imply certain things without really saying it.

He got banned from doing one of Oscar de la Hoya’s fights because he said something about the Mariachi band he had walk him in the ring once among other things.
              Frequently yes. But it was real tho. He would say something about a Broner type of situation. The clowns and the inner city dumbasses.

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
                Jim lampley “Kirkland needs to go ghetto on them” paraphrasing but 😂 ****ing bigot
                What? Where's the clip?

Comment

Merchant for me always question black fighters more than white fighters. When i say question them more i meant he gives them a harder time when he interviews them. Now am sure he has interviewed more black fighters than white ones but you can just tell his dislike for them....It might however got to do with his likeness for knockout artists over sweet science. Lampley? Nah he is just a wifebeater..

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    I never thought Larry was being racist there. Pretty sure he said something like “I usually enjoy mariachi music, but disagree with using it as a ring enterance” and ODLH lost his mind over it.
                    No bro, Larry said something like “This music sucks” or “I think it sucks”

It was so flagrant that HBO pulled Larry from ODH’s next fight because it was totally uncalled for.

I never liked Larry or that Jim Gray guy because they would talk down to fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
                      No bro, Larry said something like “This music sucks” or “I think it sucks”

It was so flagrant that HBO pulled Larry from ODH’s next fight because it was totally uncalled for.

I never liked Larry or that Jim Gray guy because they would talk down to fighters.
                      In on my phone so can’t embed. Sounds like we are both right (which never happens haha)

https://youtu.be/CaYxdF9Sue8

Comment

Working...
                      X