No announcement yet.

Haye deserves huge credit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This match was Maravilla-Cotto all over again

a cripple who never recovered from a nasty injury trying to make a quick cash grab

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
      The incredible thing is that he managed to score four nine-figure paydays without going anywhere near the top of the division.

I'm a Haye fan, but almost all the respect is gone now. I'm absolutely convinced that Adam Booth walked in 2014 because he wanted Haye to give it up. They both knew his body wouldn't let him compete any more. Booth took the high ground and Haye started the con job. The fact that he didn't make it back in 2014 or 2015 speaks volumes: he knew that he couldn't even beat a bum like De Mori at that stage. He blatantly ducked Briggs in 2016 because even he was too dangerous for the Hayemaker 2.0.

The one thing I do genuinely give Haye some credit for is that he really went out on his shield both times. Once he does actually get into that ring, there's no quit in him.
      What are the 4? Chisora and both of the Bellew fights, but what else?

Comment

Originally posted by stellen View Post
        LOL just imagine if haye had conned himself into a fight with aj.
        If you think about it, had one of those ridiculous looping shots he threw at Bellew in the first round of the first fight landed, he'd probably have got that shot. It's no exaggeration to say he came within an inch or so of fighting Joshua off the back of 4 rounds of boxing since Joshua won the Olympic gold.

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
          What are the 4? Chisora and both of the Bellew fights, but what else?
          Sorry, I meant seven figure. I strongly believe he'd have brought in £1m+ for each of his bum fights. The O2's a big place.

Comment

Originally posted by moochi View Post
            I am starting to think Hearn played along the whole way.
            My guess would be that it's more of a case of Hearn not asking too many questions. If Haye says he's fit to fight, then that's all Matchroom needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
              My guess would be that it's more of a case of Hearn not asking too many questions. If Haye says he's fit to fight, then that's all Matchroom needs.
              Nah Hearn knew he couldnt sell this circus rematch alone, hence why the undercard is 'stacked' i say stacked because when is there ever more than 1 decent closeish matchup on a sky card let alone a sky ppv card?

Comment

It's weird seeing David Haye shot to pieces and literally falling apart. Seems like yesterday he was blowing away a steady lineup of Euro bums on Sky Sports' Friday Fight Nights.

Comment

Haye will be back! Version 4.5

Mark de mori rematch on ppv

Comment

I stuck a few quid on Bellew by stoppage, as the probability of Haye being injured again were high. (Unfortunately I bet on rounds 7-12 ).

Haye seems to have been done since his shoulder injury before the Fury fight. He's came back to make some ££ with injuries and picked up more injuries along the way.
                    I can't knock him too much as everyone involved knew in this rematch what may happen in regards to Haye and suffering injury.

I hope he hangs them up now though, his body is broken down. I've been a fan of his down the years, so it's always sad seeing guys fight on too long.

Comment

David haye is ****ing TRASH. Only fight i ever seen of his was vs klitscko when he talked all that **** pre-fight then stunk up the fight and then made excuses "toe injury".

Ever since then I refuse to watch this clown fight. Glad he got KO'd tho.

Comment

Working...
                      X