Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In a very dangerous street fight with no weapons, top mma guys or top boxing guys?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a very dangerous street fight with no weapons, top mma guys or top boxing guys?

Who would be better on your side?

Tough to say, If boxercan can maintain distance, probably better.

Once brought to the ground, or put in stand up judo lock/clinch

MMA, by far.

Comment

Originally posted by G G G View Post
      MMA, by far.
      I tend to agree, not because of wrestling, but because of judo and ju jistu.

Those practices teach you to grab and lock your opponent, while striking simultaneously. I will say, a lot of good offensive boxers are stained to be able to unlock from clinch and create distance to strike.

I think boxer would be very thrown off by judo/ju jistu type holds, even standing.

The wrestling ground and pound is obvious and prob the MMA guys biggest asset

Comment

While MMGay guy goes down for the take down and goes for the dry hump, boxer guy ends his life with a kick to the back of his head. You get up and all of a sudden you have numbers on your side. Likewise the other MMA fighter is still dumb enough to try and wrestle while he's outnumbered. He dies too. Victory Boxers and they wouldn't even need to throw a punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Brutus1 View Post
          While MMGay guy goes down for the take down and goes for the dry hump, boxer guy ends his life with a kick to the back of his head. You get up and all of a sudden you have numbers on your side. Likewise the other MMA fighter is still dumb enough to try and wrestle while he's outnumbered. He dies too. Victory Boxers and they wouldn't even need to throw a punch.
          HEHE good point, I think the idea would be more to do Daniel Cromier, Stipe Miocic type body slams, (not shoot takedowns) ONto the concrete.

And when standing grapple using judo

Comment

But majority of the fights start with a punch so whoever lands first has the upperhand.

Comment

Conor should thank his lucky stars he had a referee to come in and save his life. Had this been a street fight McGregor would have been too timid to engage and most likely tries to run away.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                But majority of the fights start with a punch so whoever lands first has the upperhand.

Yeah, but how would a boxer react to a guy clinching and elbowing him?????

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                  Yeah, but how would a boxer react to a guy clinching and elbowing him?????
                  Mma guy has to take a chance and get close to even clinch but he will have to take a swift combo on his way in.

Comment

Originally posted by Brutus1 View Post
                    Conor should thank his lucky stars he had a referee to come in and save his life. Had this been a street fight McGregor would have been too timid to engage and most likely tries to run away.
                    I doubt it. I think conner would leg kick floyd, possible head kick, grapple, take him to the ground, and pound his face in.

A lot quicker and easier than the way floyd did it to him

Comment

Working...
                    X