Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting to Root Against Spence Because of Fanboys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any KO artist generates an annoying bunch of fans. You got to ignore those guys.

Look at those AJ and GGG hardcore fans. Delusional, great fighters but guys will rate them ATG even when there career is still in progress

Comment

But thats the "engine" that runs this great site

Comment

I remember there was a time on here Golovkin was a monster who was knocking out CWs in sparring. Yet when he couldn't knock out Jacobs some people was quick to say he couldn't do it because he weighed the same as a LHW. Ward was too big but Mayweather was scared to face Golovkin. He had no choice but to take on a WW because no one else would fight him.

If Spence fans were making the same claims the Golovkin fans made, heck I might just root against himself.

Comment

Totally agree here. I like Spence as a fighter but damn these groupies turn me off, kinda makes me want to see him fail because of these deluded ****** fangirls.

Comment

I like the fighters that take care of business in the ring. Period.

What I won't do is overlook when a fighter simply doesn't show up regardless of whether I like them or not.

I think highly of Errol Spence as a fighter, BECAUSE of what he brings. He has a ring IQ that is unusual for his age and while he's not some wizard in there, his ability to adjust to styles is quality. He's not like Floyd at all - reminds me more of a cross between Mike McCallum and Julian Jackson.

But I was critical of his refusal to completely take out Lamont Peterson when he clearly could have, because they're "friends". To date this was his first and only misstep in my eyes. I see no other reason to hate or even think negatively of him.

But then you take Manny, once a guy who made Ricky Hatton eat his words and put on quality fights with excellent pivoting and blistering speed. Then the drug testing started.
            • Went the distance with Brandon Rios - a lightweight who was barely throwing.
            • Went the distance with Chris Algieri - a lightweight who was barely throwing.
            • Lost to Bradley who was a HUGE underdog despite being a quality fighter.
            • Got dropped, then slept by Marquez.
            • Didn't bother half trying against Floyd and his "if he stand still I could hit him doe!" excuse afterwards.
            • Damn near lost the second Bradley fight.
            • Lost against Jeff Horn, another HUGE underdog. Easily twice the underdog Bradley was.

Meanwhile, shoulder excuses, needle excuses, urine excuses, location excuses, judge excuses, ref excuses, salt water excuses, etc etc etc. All that BS made me dislike him.

All of the people who keep defending his excuses made me hate him even more.

All of the people who defend his ducking of Jeff Horn when Horn - THE WINNER - called Manny out for a rematch to give him a chance to prove it was a fluke, made me hate him even more.

All of the people who say Manny's just shot - who were the same people before the fight screaming that Manny would finally get his easy knockout on Horn and then switched stance after he got bullied - made me hate him even more.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              Just got to ignore the Panthers really, can't take them seriously.
              my brothaz *denzel's voice*

Comment

I like Spence. Want Brook to fight him at 154, but in the WW division he's ducked which makes me like him- He's a cool dude and wants to fight everyone

Comment

If you change your opinion of a fighter because of his fans, you're mentally weak.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                    Yep, I've got no problem saying that there's a lot of 'fans' on here who only cheer on fighters of the same skin colour. The dontaes boxing nation crew.
                    You are absolutely guilty of this. You are far and away the most racist fan boy on NSB.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                      You are absolutely guilty of this. You are far and away the most racist fan boy on NSB.
                      I'm against racism in any shape or form mate. End of.

Comment

Working...
                      X