Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSAC Commissioner Keith Kizer: "Lamont Peterson Does NOT Have a License To Fight."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    Yo this Khan vs Peterson fiasco has to be one of tge wildest in boxing history.

Hometown refs, controversial point deductions, upset victory, feel good story about Peterson's homeless past, one of the best fights in 2011, Mystery man, golden boy protests, arums tournament involving peterson vs marquez, rematch negotiations, and now this?

They can make a movie on this ****. Lmao

I hadn't considered the sheer ridiculousness of the situation until this post

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
      It looks like VADA kinda royally ****ed this one up.

When you have a fight scheduled, and fighters already in camp, you need to OVERcommunicate.

VADA took forever to test, re-test and communicate the results. Moreover, they didn't communicate the results to the Commission until last week.

It wasn't Team Peterson's responsibility to report, but the ETHICAL thing to do would have been to come forward and be candid.

Team Peterson are a*holes. Completely.

...looks like Floyd chose well by spending more to use USADA.
      Looks like Peterson used some pellets under his armpits somehow LOL

Comment

When you have a fight scheduled, and fighters already in camp, you need to OVERcommunicate.

VADA took forever to test, re-test and communicate the results. Moreover, they didn't communicate the results to the Commission until last week.

It wasn't Team Peterson's responsibility to report, but the ETHICAL thing to do would have been to come forward and be candid.

Team Peterson: "Hello, Richard?. Hi. Listen, we have a bit of an issue here. It looks like Lamont had a bad test. He tested positive for something, and we're not sure what's going on. But we wanted to let you know. We're pretty sure there is a mistake, and VADA is going to test the B sample and we should know in a couple of weeks. Max.

Keep this quiet, of course. But I wanted to let you know what's happening. If you hear anything, let me know. I know Amir is in camp, and you have arena deposits down and tickets are selling. Can you discretely work with HBO? In the worst case scenario, you probably want to think about an alternative plan.

OK. Thanks. I'll be in touch as soon as I know something. Thanks for your professionalism. I'm sure this will resolve itself.

OK, Bye".

Comment

Just terrible. The fight shouldn't go on if the Peterson tested positive. If he tested positive and they let it go on, what precedent is being set?

Comment

Team Peterson: "Hello, Richard?. Hi. Listen, we have a bit of an issue here. It looks like Lamont had a bad test. He tested positive for something, and we're not sure what's going on. But we wanted to let you know. We're pretty sure there is a mistake, and VADA is going to test the B sample and we should know in a couple of weeks. Max.

Keep this quiet, of course. But I wanted to let you know what's happening. If you hear anything, let me know. I know Amir is in camp, and you have arena deposits down and tickets are selling. Can you discretely work with HBO? In the worst case scenario, you probably want to think about an alternative plan.

OK. Thanks. I'll be in touch as soon as I know something. Thanks for your professionalism. I'm sure this will resolve itself.

OK, Bye".
            How does Peterson benefit from his team doing that? (looking at it from his point of view)

Get all the promotion wrok done, tickets sold, and then GBP + HBO are heavily invested in it and maybe forced to pull some strings to make the fight go ahead with Peterson involved.

GBP care about Khan not him, they'd hang him out to dry and get a replacement approved by HBO lined up

Comment

Well you can't say that because, we haven't seen how USADA would react if they found a fighter test positive in the pro ranks and how long it would take for their info to get out there. Unless they have already tested positive in a fight and kept it quiet.

Don't think VADA did anything wrong. They let Peterson team know about this over a month ago. Peterson opted for a Sample B which came positive as well. Not sure and really no one knows yet if USADA would have done differently.

Comment

Good.............................

Ban his cheating ass a year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                  How does Peterson benefit from his team doing that? (looking at it from his point of view)

Get all the promotion wrok done, tickets sold, and then GBP + HBO are heavily invested in it and maybe forced to pull some strings to make the fight go ahead with Peterson involved.

GBP care about Khan not him, they'd hang him out to dry and get a replacement approved by HBO lined up
                  GBP would wait until the second test before they pulled it.

Pete was in an "no downside" position. If the second test came back positive, the NSAC was pulling his license anyway. And if he REALLY had a legitimate appeal, he gives himself more time to present it.

I don't see the downside for Team Pete. GBP wanted that fight. Bad. They didn't want to go through some vacated belt nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                    Well you can't say that because, we haven't seen how USADA would react if they found a fighter test positive in the pro ranks and how long it would take for their info to get out there. Unless they have already tested positive in a fight and kept it quiet.

Don't think VADA did anything wrong. They let Peterson team know about this over a month ago. Peterson opted for a Sample B which came positive as well. Not sure and really no one knows yet if USADA would have done differently.
                    But we HAVE seen how USADA reacts with HUNDREDS of other athletes who tested dirty.

They have MUCH more experience handling this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post

http://www.thesportjournal.org/artic...vement-testing

Comment

Working...
                      X