Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antonio Tarver

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Got any excuses tonite Roy?"....gets him in first ballot.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
      Bradley ****ing sucks.
      But he's a company man.

Comment

Not enough big wins on his record outside of RJJ, not HOF in my eyes but I'm sure he'll be on the ballot.

Comment

I don't think he deserves HOF entry. He has a spotty record. IMO, Jones was never the same fighter when he came back down from HW. Even though he held a win over Tarver, he was still never the same fighter after losing over 25 lbs. of muscle weight to go back to LHW.

He lost to Hopkins and had back to back losses to Dawson. He was never really a big crowd pleaser either. Basic boxer with good overall skills, but falls short of HOF.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
            I doubt the PEDs kept him from landing jobs because he was on Showtime and Spike after that. Another poster said he got in some hooker scandal. I wasn’t aware of that but that will definitely keep you unemployed.
            Yeah I wasn’t aware of that either, I know he was fired from Spike cause of the PED’s cause he tested positive for the Cunningham fight which was on Spike. As you say though that wouldn’t keep you unemployed so the hooker story does make sense, his life is a mess ATM, his wife/ex wife is ordering him to pay all sorts of child maintenance money which he doesn’t have. He owed like 800K last time I checked.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              Basic boxer with good overall skills, but falls short of HOF.
              How many guys have been light heavyweight champion three times, and unified light heavyweight champion twice?

Comment

Great career, but short of a HOF career. Far short.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                  How many guys have been light heavyweight champion three times, and unified light heavyweight champion twice?
                  He had to lose it three times to win it three times. Unified is not undisputed. Tyson Fury was a unified champion, next you'll tell me he's destined for the HOF too.

Comment

When you see who else is in there he probably deserves it. If sly Stallone is in then why not tarver? Barry mcguigan was a good fighter who is also in the HOF. Did he have a better career than tarver? No.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                      He had to lose it three times to win it three times. Unified is not undisputed. Tyson Fury was a unified champion, next you'll tell me he's destined for the HOF too.
                      if fury becomes champion two more times, and unified one more time, he'll be destined for the HOF.

Comment

Working...
                      X