Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev: Ward Will Come Back; Has Enough Money to Take a Rest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third fight lol. Ward beat him once, the fans whined about it so Ward said **** it and stopped his ass. FOH

Comment

Originally posted by Andre_parker1 View Post
      my father will return one day- sergey "son of ward'' kovalev

Comment

Ward is never coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Weren't PPV worthy fights? Two top 5 P4P guys. It had been a hell of a long time since that happened. Just because you're a cheerleader and only like certain boxers doesn't mean that real boxing fans shouldn't want to see the top guys fight. Just about any time two top P4P 5 guys fight, it's worthy of everyone's attention.

And, because I know you're going to turn this into a "I don't want to pay" argument, no one wants to pay. I don't either, but PPV is a real thing. If you think Canelo v Chavez and GG v Lemieux are better PPV fights, then... well.... I guess not much more needs to be said.
          Ward and Kovalev, on their own, were NOT big draws before they faced each other, so it's no surprise that both fights were PPV FLOPS! It's not about the fight, it's about PAYING to see the fight!

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
            I wouldnt be surprised if Weeks and Ward planned beforehand that was how the fight was going to end. Weeks made it a point to look at Kovalev and say the beltlne is ok to hit during his instructions. Then when Kovalev was dominating Ward Ward resorts to ducking down and coming in head first and aiming for Kovalev below the belt and hitting him with low blows over and over abd Weeks only warned him for 1 and then he calls the fight off out of nowhere when Ward clearky hit him low and Weeks was looking right at it. Anyone would have slumped into the ropes after getting hit in the nuts by a straight right from Andre Ward that should have been a point deduction not a knockout victory for Ward. Up until Ward starting hitting him with low blows Kovalev was schooling Ward so since it was a mistake by Weeks that led to an erroneous stoppage Kovalev beat him both times in my eyes. Outboxed him both fights
            Kov knows why he lost! John David Jackson knows why Kov lost! It's old news! My point is that no one, outside of the hardcore fans, wanted to see the fight, so it shouldn't have been a PPV:

June 29, 2017

Andre Ward’s controversial eighth-round TKO victory over Sergey Kovalev put him up 2-0 in their rivalry, but if the first fight wasn’t considered to be a commercial success for such an important bout between the two best 175-pound boxers, the immediate rematch was even worse.

The June 17th HBO pay-per-view card reportedly drew just 130,000 buys, with Yahoo’s Kevin Iole recently writing that it did an estimated 125,000 buys. Ward vs. Kovalev I pulled in 165,000 buys back in November 2016...

What’s more troubling is that not only were PPV buys down, the attendance numbers and gate revenue at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas was not even close to matching the first bout, which was held at T-Mobile Arena.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/6/2...op-boxing-news

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              You were on a roll then fell right off the cliff with "but Ward will never be as mature as Kovalev."
              Another Ward defender! lol

Comment

Originally posted by kidaguilar View Post
                explain yourself kid? cause I don't get what your trying to say.
                Ok dad! lol Ward is just a whining Bi*ch. Kovalev is more poised and has a more objective view of the situation. Good enough? Can I go out and play now?... While you sit your fat ass and watch football while downing a 6 pack..

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  For me, it's a disturbing debate between whether guys like that are just shamelessly dishonest, or wildly delusional. It's clearly one or the other but it's just strange that there's people like this out there. I've never met one at a boxing gym. People like this are usually hanging around gas stations, asking for change and talking about the how the end is nigh.
                  I think your the delusional one, you cant debate what I said because its the truth, but you have to defend Ward because youve been on his nuts for so long, and the only thing you can do is say im lying and delusional and strange because you know its the truth

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                    lmao your post is one of the dumbest EVER.Your parents MUST be cousins at least.
                    Its the truth it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out there was corruption in that fight

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
                      I think your the delusional one, you cant debate what I said because its the truth, but you have to defend Ward because youve been on his nuts for so long, and the only thing you can do is say im lying and delusional and strange because you know its the truth
                      lol, such a compelling argument you made there. In fact, I can't even understand WTF you are trying to say because... well, I guess I'm too delusional.

Comment

Working...
                      X