Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If AJ Is The A-side Solely Because of British PPV Numbers...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If AJ Is The A-side Solely Because of British PPV Numbers...

...then I am sure I have just seen a solution to making the fight on FB.

Let them do whatever split they like on the live gate. If it is in Britain let it favor AJ. They can split sales not in the US or Britain 50/50.

But since AJ's "A-side" comes strictly from his British success then I am sure he and Hearn would not mind a deal where AJ gets 100% of British sales while Wilder gets 100% of US sales.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post

Let them do whatever split they like on the live gate. If it is in Britain let it favor AJ. They can split sales not in the US or Britain 50/50.

But since AJ's "A-side" comes strictly from his British success then I am sure he and Hearn would not mind a deal where AJ gets 100% of British sales while Wilder gets 100% of US sales.

Thoughts?
    Wilder just said he wants 50/50

Joshua getting 100% of the UK revenue is closer to 80% total, as neither really have a significant US following

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
      Wilder just said he wants 50/50

Joshua getting 100% of the UK revenue is closer to 80% total, as neither really have a significant US following
      Then it shouldn't be hard for them to agree to that.

Comment

When you consider AJ earns 10x as much as Wilder per fight, it stands to reason that he should get the higher percentage of the overall revenue (PPV, Gate, etc) regardless of where they fight. Wilder is insane if he thinks he is worth 50%, but likely that is just a duck move on his part. AJ wants 80%, which he is entitled to and has earned thus far.

Comment

Thoughts?
          They probably wouldn't mind that, but Wilder certainly would. He keeps saying 50-50 or no fight, there is no way he would accept a deal that would see Joshua get a huge majority of the revenue.

Comment

I think the fight will happen, but Wilder isn't looking good right now.

Comment

Thoughts?
              As if Wilder would ever accept that. There would be no point in putting it on facebook as Sky Sports is a much better platform. Wilder is pricing himself out because he doesn't want the fight. Simple as.

Comment

Then it shouldn't be hard for them to agree to that.
                Hearn and Joshua would jump at the chance

This deal massively short changes Wilder

Comment

Thoughts?
                  Wilder won't agree to this.

Bottom line is, any negotiations regarding this fight, will revolve around how much of a percentage, above and beyond what he's worth, Wilder can get his hands on. And how much Joshua-Hearn are willing to give up.

If Wilder is going to get his money from US sales, he might as well just accept food stamps and a get well card.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
                    Wilder won't agree to this.

Bottom line is, any negotiations regarding this fight, will revolve around how much of a percentage, above and beyond what he's worth, Wilder can get his hands on. And how much Joshua-Hearn are willing to give up.

If Wilder is going to get his money from US sales, he might as well just accept food stamps and a get well card.
                    Lol, that's a good way of putting it!

Another way would be to ask .. how much is AJ willing to pay to get his hands on the WBC belt?

Comment

Working...
                    X