Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most entertaining & least entertaining (boring) champions of last 20 years?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruiz was most boring

Mayorga fights were always fun.

Comment

I think Wlad redeemed himself with his last fight. I don't know why Porter was on the list of insomnia curers. I like his style.

In the list of entertainers Naseem Hamed should be on top. No one has consistently entertained fans in every fight like Hamed has, not even Ali or Tyson. There'll never be anyone like the Prince in terms of sheer entertainment, and I'm not even talking about his ring walks which were events in of themselves. I'm talking about his POWER that shocked opponents coming from a skinny looking dude and his matrix like reflexes.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
        Why is Barrera greater then Mosley?
        You keep ducking these questions despite my answering yours. Please answer them. I would like clarification. I also explained why Barrera is greater than Mosley. You can tell me why you think Mosley is greater but after you answer the bolded questions. You made those claims so I want to know the answers and why if you care to elaborate would be nice.

QUOTE=larryxxx.;18215973]Why is Barrera greater then Mosley? [/QUOTE]

Answer the questions since I answered yours.

Anyway Barrera greater than Mosley easy.

Barrera's best wins Morales X2 are better than any Mosley win. Mosley had a great win over Oscar in fight I and a tainted win in fight II due to a controversial decision he could and should have lost and he admitted that he knowingly took steroids for the fight.

After that beating Hamed is better than anything else Mosley did. Not even close. KcKinney also better than Margarito and without plaster wraps Margarito not as good as Tapia, Ayala, Peden just to name a few.

Barrera lineal champion at 126 and 130. Mosley at what 147. 2 is more than 1. Barrera part unified 2 divisions, Mosley part unified 1 I believe. Mosley won zero unification matches in his career Barrera won around 4.

Mosley lost 5 fights in his prime to non greats, Barrera only lost twice to a non great.

Barrera was adaptable in the ring, Mosley wasn't but these are based on skills and talent don't need to get into that.

Honestly to say Mosley is a greater fighter than Barrera I'd have to seriously question what the motives and agenda are behind it and/or completely question your knowledge. I say that as someone who likes Shane and really doesn't like Barrera (he's a crybaby).

Now PLEASE answer the questions I showed you the courtesy and answered yours.

Is 7 years and 1 month a longer period of time than 5 years and 5 months?

Is Pacquaio better than Cotto?

Is Morales better than Margarito without wraps? **** he's better WITH wraps.

Is 16 months inactivity longer than 6 months inactivity?

Is 38 older than 33?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          How are you measuring entertainment?

For example, Floyd sells the most tickets/PPv's at the highest prices. This is the primary measure of entertainment in film, music sports-sales, viewers, pricing level.

Or, are you measuring it a different way?
          Floyd sold a lot, but he’s also had people leaving the fight early more than any fighter I’ve seen. I’ve personally walked out of 2-3 different Floyd fights they were so bad. I almost fell asleep during Pacquiao Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post
            Floyd sold a lot, but he’s also had people leaving the fight early more than any fighter I’ve seen. I’ve personally walked out of 2-3 different Floyd fights they were so bad. I almost fell asleep during Pacquiao Mayweather
            I have no problem with this. My point is simply that ticket/PPV sales are a good, subjective measure of whether a fighter is entertaining or not.

Comment

I have no problem with this. My point is simply that ticket/PPV sales are a good, subjective measure of whether a fighter is entertaining or not.
              Generally. But so many people watch just to see Floyd lose, more then any other fighter.
              Floyd the exception to the rule.

Comment

Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post
                Generally. But so many people watch just to see Floyd lose, more then any other fighter.
                Floyd the exception to the rule.
                Dude, you don't seriously believe that? I get that is something that is tossed around here on NSB but that makes no sense. Maybe a tiny percentage does, but overall, as with any entertainment based business, ticket/PPV sales are made by people that are entertained and enjoy the product.

Comment

Mike Tyson-most entertaining. Young Mike was a force of nature, and it was fun while it lasted.
                  Andre Ward-most boring. Andre never cared how it looked as long as he won and man, was it ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    I like watching great technicians too but that doesnt mean a technician has to be boring. Pacquiao is a technician and is entertaining, even when going 12 rounds, Leonard was probably the finest technician since Ali and he was never boring. Hearn had one of the finest jabs and movement of any fighter ever, rarely boring.

I could go on, heck, watch Robinson, the greatest technician of all and he was never boring.

Its only in modern times that boring is being translated into "guys who do not throw enough punches, would rather use their heads, elbows and running to edge each round in an environment when judges score fights differently to 15 years ago".

I must say Wlad and Rigo probably don't fall into the example I just posted, as both have power and like to use it, problem is, they either dont have the physical or the mental ability to stay active for 12 rounds and go for the kill, sadly making them look boring in the process. Especially Rigo whose career has largely been against c level opposition, opposition the likes of Naz or MAB would have annihilated.
                    Don't agree that SSL was most tech since ALI.W Benitez was better tech fighter.But SSL was very good tech fighter with GREAT altletism and very good power and super fast.And cant blame Rigo at all for who he has fought.ALL them good 122-126 DUCKED him.And as far as who is boring or exciting that's a personal choice which I freely admitted I'm prob in minority but I find all boxers that I listed in prev post exicting because I REALLY admire greatness and skill.But thats me.

Comment

Dude, you don't seriously believe that? I get that is something that is tossed around here on NSB but that makes no sense. Maybe a tiny percentage does, but overall, as with any entertainment based business, ticket/PPV sales are made by people that are entertained and enjoy the product.
                      I kinda get what ur sayin but I do think ALOT came to see him lose.And I find Floyd to be exciting because I LOVE skill and really admire GREATNESS.

Comment

Working...
                      X