Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been a fighter in his 40's as fit as Wlad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Kinda blows my mind that this guy was in the shape he was at his age. ESPECIALLY considering he's in the fat man's division. He was as fit as the 20-something year old he fought in his last fight.
    I'm getting toward that age so it's inspiring to see that you don't have to turn into a lump of shyt.
    Who else has stayed fit into their 40's?

You "just" have to find a high burning calories sport.

Swimming does fit this criteria because you work arms and legs, the whole body.

Running, your arms are in motion but not really making arms muscles work hard.

I just started grappling a month ago and I'm burning a lot of calories, that sht is crazy for the cardio, I understand now why MMA fighters can gass out before 15 minutes (just 5 boxing rounds)

Kick boxing is also crazy, kick the bag with hands and legs you will burn fat quickly.

Another solution would be to eat mexican meat lol

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      You "just" have to find a high burning calories sport.

Swimming does fit this criteria because you work arms and legs, the whole body.

Running, your arms are in motion but not really making arms muscles work hard.

I just started grappling a month ago and I'm burning a lot of calories, that sht is crazy for the cardio, I understand now why MMA fighters can gass out before 15 minutes (just 5 boxing rounds)

Kick boxing is also crazy, kick the bag with hands and legs you will burn fat quickly.

Another solution would be to eat mexican meat lol
      Mexican meat.

I have no problem staying lean. I'm blessed in that regard, genetically, and know how to eat right. Adding muscle while keeping lean is a bytch though. Wlad is a giant and it's ridiculous how he's got that much muscle and such low bodyfat. I'm sure there's some chemical considerations at play to but PEDs don't work miracles. You've got to get most of the way there on your own. I'm tall and it's like I have to choose between either being muscular or being shredded.

I agree about grappling. Most exhausting things I've ever done are judo and BJJ. I've seen so many ripped guys think they're going to muscle their way through it and end up gassing in 2 min. It's a different kind of cardio for sure.

Right now, I have a mini boxing gym in my garage and I do high rep weights and bodyweight exercises on alternate days. I'm definitely more fit that anyone I personally know. But, keeping motivated is always a struggle.
      Last edited by Redd Foxx; 04-25-2018, 06:56 PM.

Comment

probably juiced to the gills.

and i mean that. he was probably juiced as heavily and on as much as they could get away with to enhance performance.

Comment

Foreman against Moorer was in great shape. Sure, he looked like a blob but his conditioning and stamina was first-rate and he didn't need to conserve his energy like Wlad. He pursued Moorer from the opening bell. If Wlad exerted as much energy as George did in the first 5 rounds in his fight against Moorer he would have gassed.

Comment

floyd mayweather 40 year old roided to the gills.

Comment

Wlad definitely has the genetics to be a bodybuilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                Wlad definitely has the genetics to be a bodybuilder.
                ^^^^^^^^^ true dat...

derranged without an iota of a doubt has the genetics to be a homosexual.

Comment

Mickey Ward 17 years fighting at 140 LBS, ripped.

Comment

Bernard and floyd. At the top of my head

Comment

He's obviously genetically gifted and mindful of staying in shape consistently. Lots of boxers end up getting lazy and undisciplined. Very possible that he used some sort of PEDs also. Being in your forties doesn't mean you have to be a fat @ss weakling though.

My brother inlaw is 58 and he's built like a bodybuilder (ripped and big). He lifts weights and isn't a big eater. He doesn't even use supplements. His body looks almost exactly the same as he did 35 years ago but his face looks a lot older now. He's of German descent. I'm well over 40 and I'm the same weight I was when I turned 18. I've tried to build muscle mass all my life and have always had problems getting big. I tend to be a very hard gainer (slim and tall). But I have had some success bulking up, eating 5500 to 6500 calories a day (usually 7 meals daily)...., only to lose it all quickly when I go back to eating regular meals. I don't understand how anyone can be a fat @ss if they're not consuming a ****load of junk and sitting on their @ss all day. Most people have zero discipline.
                      Last edited by Damn Wicked; 04-25-2018, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X