Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been a fighter in his 40's as fit as Wlad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has there ever been a fighter in his 40's as fit as Wlad?

Kinda blows my mind that this guy was in the shape he was at his age. ESPECIALLY considering he's in the fat man's division. He was as fit as the 20-something year old he fought in his last fight.
    I'm getting toward that age so it's inspiring to see that you don't have to turn into a lump of shyt.
    Who else has stayed fit into their 40's?

its called steroids you dummy.

Comment

Incredible genetics, consistency and dedication.
      His brother Vitali also had some engine on him well into his forties.

He deserves nothing but respect I can't imagine how hard it must be to be forty odd, achieved what he had and to be able to get up every morning and put himself through such vigorous training. He's inspiring for sure.

I've heard many interviews where he has attributed his conditioning to swimming, he seemed really big on it. I'm not saying it should be replaced but I can certainly see the benefits of it over Road work - if we're honest that **** absolutely kills your joints.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Incredible genetics, consistency and dedication.
        His brother Vitali also had some engine on him well into his forties.

He deserves nothing but respect I can't imagine how hard it must be to be forty odd, achieved what he had and to be able to get up every morning and put himself through such vigorous training. He's inspiring for sure.

I've heard many interviews where he has attributed his conditioning to swimming, he seemed really big on it. I'm not saying it should be replaced but I can certainly see the benefits of it over Road work - if we're honest that **** absolutely kills your joints.
        I'm glad you brought up swimming. Best exercise I've ever done and I've not done it in 6 years since owning my own home. I should really find a gym with a pool. I've never been able to run without my knees screaming at me, even in my 20's.

Comment

I use to be really critical of wlad, I always liked his brother better but you have to give the man credit, he was in shape and professional from cradle to crib as far as his boxing career goes. If we could have just merged the two brothers God damn the fighter that would have been.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
            I use to be really critical of wlad, I always liked his brother better but you have to give the man credit, he was in shape and professional from cradle to crib as far as his boxing career goes. If we could have just merged the two brothers God damn the fighter that would have been.
            I hear you. I was very critical of Wlad's style, but was a big fan of the more vicious and less clinch-heavy Vitali. If he were 10 years younger and fighting today, oh man...

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              I hear you. I was very critical of Wlad's style, but was a big fan of the more vicious and less clinch-heavy Vitali. If he were 10 years younger and fighting today, oh man...
              Yea, this whole Joshua/Wilder thing would be a nonstarter if Vitali was 30-32 right now. I always felt like he deferred to Wlad as far as the belts and ****. Wlad wanted it more, Vitali was a just a mfer.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Kinda blows my mind that this guy was in the shape he was at his age. ESPECIALLY considering he's in the fat man's division. He was as fit as the 20-something year old he fought in his last fight.
                I'm getting toward that age so it's inspiring to see that you don't have to turn into a lump of shyt.
                Who else has stayed fit into their 40's?

First name that came to mind is Hopkins.

Comment

Mayweather still looks ripped and ofc Hopkins in his 40s

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                    Mayweather still looks ripped and ofc Hopkins in his 40s
                    Yea but Floyd was roided to the gills.

Comment

Working...
                    X