Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Toney: The art of advertising Burger King

LMFAO

"Here comes baby! Burger King! Burger King! Don King can kiss my ass!"

Toney was among my favorite fighters back then. I was too blind to see with my Toney-love at that time that a boxer that excited for Burger King was never gonna reach his full potential.

And the crazy thing is he did so much with his chubby a$$ I can't help but think how highly considered he'd have been if he'd only taken his nutrition & shape more seriously (& maybe sparred a lil less).

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post

LMFAO

"Here comes baby! Burger King! Burger King! Don King can kiss my ass!"
      Hell yeah!

Toney used to guzzle coke between rounds in sparring. A real G. I like Merchant's face.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Toney was among my favorite fighters back then. I was too blind to see with my Toney-love at that time that a boxer that excited for Burger King was never gonna reach his full potential.

And the crazy thing is he did so much with his chubby a$$ I can't help but think how highly considered he'd have been if he'd only taken his nutrition & shape more seriously (& maybe sparred a lil less).
        There are alot of fighters with "what if" questions like Toney's diet/nutrition, like Pacquiao's not going politics and other stuff during his prime and after that and Floyd's brittle hands, truly we haven't seen them of their true potential since it were marred with injuries/distractions.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
          Hell yeah!

Toney used to guzzle coke between rounds in sparring. A real G. I like Merchant's face.
          BURGER KING! BURGER KING!

Man imagine if JT was in his prime today imagine him trash talking Canelo. "Youw redhead, your promoter wears fishnets and ****s. Red head kiss my ass!"

Comment

Man you should of seen him bloat to hw inbetween fights, till he said fucc it I’m a hw.

Comment

I was too blind to see with my Toney-love at that time that a boxer that excited for Burger King was never gonna reach his full potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                BURGER KING! BURGER KING!

Man imagine if JT was in his prime today imagine him trash talking Canelo. "Youw redhead, your promoter wears fishnets and ****s. Red head kiss my ass!"
                "I'ma eat yo burrito, Opie-lookin' b1tch!

Comment

he sure loved dem whoppers

Comment

Absolutely. Truth. I am still amazed that Toney accomplished as much as he did at light heavy and cruiser while he was dumping 40+ pounds every camp and still weighing-in dehydrated and coming in soft. He likely could have been an all-time top 20 if he was focused and took training and nutrition seriously. He was such a natural talent. I was always impressed by his chin as he ate his way through divisions and faded into obscurity. It's truly sad that he is falling deeper now into the punch drunk dungeon. I respect the hell out of the guy, but will always wonder what might've been.

Comment

Working...
                    X