Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cant people just be pleased weve got a good middleweight fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant people just be pleased weve got a good middleweight fight?

Reading so much negative **** regarding this fight, thought people would be happy its made seen as its the fight you were asking for, more fool me.Thought a few days ago golovkin was apparantly avoiding jacobs and low balling him to avoid the fight happening? He was the man to test him? But now hes rubbish apparantly? Think some of you actually would rather golovkin fought a bum so you could ***** and moan, saying that a good chunk of you are still doing that anyway regardless. Why cant you just look forward to a fight ffs, is between the number 1 and number 2 in the division, fed up of the constant negativity

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    Reading so much negative **** regarding this fight, thought people would be happy its made seen as its the fight you were asking for, more fool me.Thought a few days ago golovkin was apparantly avoiding jacobs and low balling him to avoid the fight happening? He was the man to test him? But now hes rubbish apparantly? Think some of you actually would rather golovkin fought a bum so you could ***** and moan, saying that a good chunk of you are still doing that anyway regardless. Why cant you just look forward to a fight ffs, is between the number 1 and number 2 in the division, fed up of the constant negativity
    I agree with you man.

This place is a schit hole at times.

But to be fair, the criticism goes both ways because the same people that say GGG is a PPV star, are now complaining about paying the money to see him fight.

If it's not one thing it's another around here.

This is an incredible fight that I'll not only buy on PPV, but drive to NYC to see it live. If you aren't stoked about this fight that has guaranteed KO written all over it, you're following the wrong sport and need to go away.

And for the people saying Jacobs isn't a credible opponent because of a fight that happened 6 years, you DKSAB
    Last edited by Chollo Vista; 12-18-2016, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Damn good fight, man. Some dudes on here just rather spend time trying to score points off each other than talk about the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
        But to be fair, the criticism goes both ways because the same people that say GGG is a PPV star, are now complaining about paying the money to see him fight.
        Pick and choose, pick and choose, pick and choose doe.

Nobody says GGG is a PPV star. Anyone who says so is quickly taunted by mentioning the 90-100K result of the Lemieux fight, then idiotically defend Jacob's wanting $4 mil for the non-PPV star. It's so silly.

Comment

This is a great fight. Thurman-Garcia march 4 and GGG-Jacobs 2 weeks later, goin to both. How can anybody complain?

Comment

People were clamouring for the fight? People claimed Jacobs is the man to test him?

It's a decent fight, nothing more. Let's not turn it into something it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
              Pick and choose, pick and choose, pick and choose doe.

Nobody says GGG is a PPV star. Anyone who says so is quickly taunted by mentioning the 90-100K result of the Lemieux fight, then idiotically defend Jacob's wanting $4 mil for the non-PPV star. It's so silly.
              That is a lie. Just look at what they were saying about GGG vs Brook.

GGG being a star/PPV star is the reason so many of you guys have supported him receiving over 15 mil for Canelo. Which is it? If you can't do 300k vs Jacobs or better, why do you deserve over 15 mil against Canelo?

GGG vs Jacobs will tell us a lot.

Either way, I don't want to detract from the purpose of this thread, GGG vs Jacobs is an incredible fight with two KO punchers in their prime going head to head.

For the past 6+ years Jacobs and GGG have stopped every opponent put in front of them. Jacobs has only gone 12 rounds once his entire career. I'm not sure GGG has.

This fight is supreme and anyone stating otherwise needs to go away

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                He never appeared like he'd be able to beat GGG in my book but is a credible opponent and would be a quality win despite what the odds will likely show.

It's a good matchup. I might even go see it live. But it's not some legendary fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post

It's a good matchup. I might even go see it live. But it's not some legendary fight.
                  Pfft only mythical match-ups like David v Goliath or Theseus v The Minotaur or Beowulf v Grendel might be equal to this match-up and honestly these mythical battles don't really stand up to Golovkin-Jacobs~

All kidding aside it is a solid fight that should be a real firefight.

Comment

Yes I'm more then happy and one of the few people who doesn't believe the hype around ggg ....if he can ko Jacobs then I'll be a believer....if he loses he will be a proven hype job .. if he wins but can't ko Jacobs his power was over hype

Comment

Working...
                    X