Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Smith: I Think Ali Might Be Tougher Fight Than Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Liam Smith: I Think Ali Might Be Tougher Fight Than Miguel Cotto

Liam Smith has the chance to reclaim his old World Title on May 12th, and admits he'll have to be at his best to beat Sadam Ali. Last November, 'Beefy' outpointed Liam Williams to put an end to the first fight controversy and he subsequently became mandatory challenger for the WBO World Super-Welterweight Title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The only reason Cotto lost to Ali was because he hurt his shoulder bad!

Comment

good fight i give him a decent chance

Comment

Originally posted by PETUFF View Post
        The only reason Cotto lost to Ali was because he hurt his shoulder bad!

Cotto hurt his biceps not his shoulder. Point understood though.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
          Cotto hurt his biceps not his shoulder. Point understood though.
          Yea - it looked like Cotto started to get things under control at the time of the injury...but it was still quite surprising to see Ali hurt him a couple of times prior to that point. It was as if Cotto had lost his punch resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
            Yea - it looked like Cotto started to get things under control at the time of the injury...but it was still quite surprising to see Ali hurt him a couple of times prior to that point. It was as if Cotto had lost his punch resistance.
            Yeah, Ali hurt Cotto a few times in that fight. Lol, it was like the proverbial got old overnight for Cotto. I think Cotto's last good fight where he looked good was against Canelo, then he was on the shelf for 2 years pretty much. Fought Kamegai who was tailor made for Cotto, then got shocked and stunned by a younger, hungry Ali who looked sturdier at 154 than he did at 147, Cotto also probably took Ali for granted. And quite literally in that fight Cotto got old overnight, he looked slower, reflexes were not as good and his body broke down. Talk about getting old over night, Cotto was the poster boy for that cliche saying that night. Lol
            Last edited by True That; 03-20-2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I'm rooting for Smith to win only because Golden Boy won't do business with PBC. They'll just keep feeding Ali with mediocre fights to keep that WBO belt tucked
              Last edited by WarCarter813; 03-20-2018, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Ali is not that good in my opinion. He beat a very poor version of Cotto. I think Smith will easily beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by WarCarter813 View Post
                  I'm rooting for Smith to win only because Golden Boy won't do business with PBC. They'll just keep feeding Ali with mediocre fights to keep that WBO belt tucked
                  If Frank Warren gets a hold of that WBO belt you can expect him to keep it in England for a bunch of domestic fights.

Comment

Smith is very down to earth when talking boxing. Makes very good points.

I think he’s got a good chance in this fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X