Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FANTASY MATCHES 2018 147/154 vs. late 90's/00s 147/154 divisions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FANTASY MATCHES 2018 147/154 vs. late 90's/00s 147/154 divisions?

At 147 we currently have Spence, Thurman, Crawford and Garcia as the top 4 in the late 90's it was Trinidad, De La Hoya, Quartey and Whitaker.

Who beats who in those matches?

At 154 we had Trinidad, Reid, Vargas and Wright and now we have Lara, Charlo and Hurd and let's use Canelo too.

How do those matches go?

I think stylistically Crawford is the one who could give Tito most problems but would pick Tito to win based on size and power and the fact I haven't seen Crawford at 147 (though I think he'll come out on top). I think Tito-Spence could be a great fight but Tito stops him. Thurman I think would be on his bike until getting stopped. Likewise Garcia.

The 1997/1998 version of Whitaker I think would have enough to win close decisions over Thurman and Spence, a wide one over Garcia but lose a close one to Crawford. I think Quartey would likely beat them all but fall just short against Crawford.

De La Hoya would bust Garcia up, beat Thurman wide and probably has too much speed and movement for Spence but would take some lumps down the stretch. Crawford edges out De La Hoya in a tactical affair.

154 I'd take Tito over them all and probably by stoppage over Hurd, Lara and Charlo. Wright by decision over all. I think Vargas probably beats them all but a Canelo fight could go either way. Reid is an interesting one but I suspect he loses to Canelo. I'd pick him firmly over Hurd and probably favor him over Lara and Charlo - just.

147/154 in the late 90's early 00's is one of my favorite era's that I've lived through. Unfortunately I think the Welterweight fights underwhelmed a little but the 154 fights delivered. 154 is pretty hot right now and seemingly evenly matched and 147 is shaping out well too. Hopefully the fights come together.

Comment

Working...
    X